Home

When annoying pop-ups get worst

RpTheHotrod

Regular popups, I just right click the bar on the bottom and hit close.

Some popups are so annoying though...there are like 5 or 6 things that "look" like an exit, but the real exit is on a timer and appears after 10 seconds in small test hidden in the popup somewhere.

The worst is when no matter how many times you close a pop up then more and more keep coming and even the pop up killer can't help me. So I have to completly exit the internet and lose everything I was doing to stop the flow of new windows opening up.

I remember this one popup. It would fly across the screen randomly, and if you did hit the X (or hit alt f4 on it), 2 more appear...if you hit one of their Xs, 2 MORE would appear..so soon you would have 70 popups flying across your screen. So annoying.

(No joke)

Originally posted by Old_Ben

Just get a program that gets rid of pop ups. There's plenty of free ones out there, and you don't have to see pop ups any more.

Do these programs actually work? I am really seriously considering getting one of these programs.

As a warning if anyone hates pop ups then stay the heck away from Jedi Outcast Mod Central. It's a file download site that has mods for Jedi Outcast that I used to use frequently, however the last time I went to that site, I got so many pop ups that my system locked up and I had to reboot. My task bar had at least 20-25 pop ups along the bottom, and as soon as I closed one, another one filled it's place until the poor system just gave up! Apparently when ever you view a file on this site you get a different pop up. If you have broadband like I do then you are doomed! Avoid this site at all costs. Jedi Knight II.net has all the same stuff this site does, however Mod Central does not use FileFront, and it's a direct download. There are plenty of other download sites besides this one, but I will never use that particular site ever again.:rolleyes:

Archived