Home

forceMod beta - lvl 4 force powers

Azymn

I've written a mod i use with a couple buddies over a LAN.

I don't know if there's any interest for this sort of thing, but it's built on the JediMod 1.2 base and these are a few of the main things it adds:

Level 4 force powers now available for all force powers.

Defense, speed, and damage scaling based on size (invertable).

If anyone's curious i can email you the tentative readme, which explains the benefits of each level 4 force power and new cvars, among other things.

Again, it's already written and packaged - i just wanna know if there is enough interest to post this mod?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can probably email it to you....it's still got some known bugs if you're cool with that. It's about ~700Kb right now.

I'll try to add the "Combine Light & Dark Force Powers" options as a cvar in the next few days - hopefully it's as easy as it looks.

I'll send the forceMod beta to everyone who's posted an email on this thread by 8:00pm MST tonight.

It's about ~700Kb, so if you don't have room in your inbox or don't want me to email it to you, just edit your post.

HMMMM, i am a biggining mod maker and i would like to know how you can have both light and darkside powers,wouldnt you also have to make a new menu(.menu file)so you csan select the light and dark.

lastly can you PLEASE tell me how to compile the 1.2 source,ive tried everything but cant,the readme doesnt help me.PLEASE HELP with this question

i would like to know how you can have both light and darkside powers,wouldnt you also have to make a new menu(.menu file)so you csan select the light and dark.

A new menu would be nice, but you just have to allow a string that has both light and dark side powers in it

(like 7-1-33333333333333) to be acceptable when it's parsed through BGLegalizeForcePowers().

Kyle098, Did you read all the instructions for compiling JediMod by running *.bat files from the command line?

NOTE TO EVERYONE WHO GOT THE FIRST BETA OF FORCEMOD - f_skillStances won't work unless you get the new qvm files from me - if it's okay i can email them and you just have to stick them inside the forceMod_beta.pk3/vm folder.

Also, feel free to post bugs you've found to see if others have had the same problems.

i don't know if this is a problem or not. when i played it last night, i used "f_skillstances 2". it worked, but it came up with the message "Info String Length Exceeded".

Yeah...it seems to happen when you set most of my cvars. I'm not sure what causes it, but it doesn't seem to cause problems.

If anyone does have problems with f_skillStances, you can set it to "0" or get the newest .qvms from me via email. Just PM or email me.

Does anyone else have trouble with hilts or with MP crashing?

Have you removed all the other mods (including JediMod) from the folder? This mod changes a ton of different files that JediMod leaves untouched, which causes it not to play well with others.

I've never had a problem with hilts on my machine...it makes it very hard to debug. Are any of you coders?

Archived