Home

forceMod beta - lvl 4 force powers

Azymn

I think when people said dark and light combined they didnt said all the force powers!?

i mean you should make that combined will be grip lightning heal and mindtrick,

that is combined, (like in Jedi Knight) not all the force powers,

and if you will create that it will be great!

:D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I originally posted this idea in a jediplus thread, but then I realized I like forcemod better :)!

What if level 4 pull could pull weapons from hands like in SP? You could have it so sabers and guns could be pulled from people who have a lower level pull, sabers could return after a few seconds (the same way they do when they are blocked SP style) and guns could either lay on the ground as a pickup item, or return in the same way. What do you think?

Also, you could give level 4 grip the ability to throw, like in SP. The impact damage might be a bit much, you might tone that down, but I think it would be cool to pick up, shake, and throw someone.

i mean you should make that combined will be grip lightning heal and mindtrick,

Well, in v2, there's two new force levels that can be chosen and will limit people who select between the two force sides.

What if level 4 pull could pull weapons from hands like in SP? You could have it so sabers and guns could be pulled from people who have a lower level pull, sabers could return after a few seconds (the same way they do when they are blocked SP style) and guns could either lay on the ground as a pickup item, or return in the same way. What do you think?

I think it already does that (except for lightsabers), you just have to have them in your crosshairs when you pull. Try it, look for the gun flying thru the air :)

Also, you could give level 4 grip the ability to throw, like in SP.

I'll take a look :)

In another thread someone else was telling me pulling weapons away from people works in MP, but I really don't think it does. I tried it just now to makes sure. There was a trandoshan coming at me with a merr-son, my crosshair was directly on him (it had turned red), I pulled him three times in rapid succession, and he still held onto that thing.

do you think you could make it where i could use lvl 4 force on other MP mods

Unfortunately, i don't have code with just the level 4 powers anymore...and if i did, the changes are across so many files that it probably wouldn't play well with other mods.

I pulled him three times in rapid succession, and he still held onto that thing.

Hmm...well it may be a bug (is it my mod that this is happening on?); i've seen the code for forcepull that throws the weapon to the puller, and it should work 100% of the time on level 3 or 4. I'll go and doublecheck it.

I was using forcemod, and pull was at level 4, but it's never worked for me in any form of MP game (plain JO, jedimod, or jediplus).

That's unusual. I use it regularly to disarm enemies and they've done it to me quite often as well. keo718 has the same problem you do. I don't know what would cause it.

Hello, I'm Jedi Mistress Angel.

My guild http://www.orderofthejedi.com will be beta testing your mod on our server. So far from what private testing has shown us... it rocks :). Their are a few features that would make this mod even better. Admin powers such as, slap, sleep, bunny, name change, exec, empower, and a motd. Our admins would love some of theese tools to deal with the "llama" factor :p. Another suggestion would be to change the grapple code to use a different activation key. The mappers of our guild (myself and master griffinclaw who mapped jedicouncilgc2) are constantly frustrated with the grapple interfeering with use buttons. But I would like to say thank you for the great job you have done on your mod.

Hi Jedi Mistress Angel,

Nice website. And i'm glad you like the mod :)

Their are a few features that would make this mod even better. Admin powers such as, slap, sleep, bunny, name change, exec, empower, and a motd.

I'll see if i can add them for the next release, which should be out sometime in October.

Another suggestion would be to change the grapple code to use a different activation key.

Already working on that, it will be bindable from a menu, and will have a new model and different mechanics.

There are a number of new features implemented that will definitely need some balance testing, so i look forward to getting it out soon.

Ah yes, I was making a request for a new grapple button in some other thread, as well.

Upon further investigation, it seems as though pull does grab enemy weapons, but if the enemy is practically in physical contact with you, unlike in SP, where it just yanks them right out from far away. In the battle with the trandoshan that I mentioned, he was to far away for me to get his gun. I think level 4 pull should be like the more effective SP version.

ForceMod doesn't play with JediPlus.

You can't combine them. They both have JediMod as a base, but ForceMod changes dozens of files in a way that most mods will conflict with it if in the same folder.

Thus, there are very few mods (if any at all) that can be combined with it.

• 2 weeks later...

ok hello all,

i read somewere there was a merc mod, in which the player had the abilitiy to cloak, i was also told it was made by darth syrup.

were do i get this mod---

ps forcemod is brilliant however i dont know how to get the jetpack, do i need a command or a cetain keys, or certain player or what?

Archived