Home

Madden, its in the game

WolfmanNCSU

Hey, I was going to Best Buy the other day, helping my GF buy a external CDRW (went with the PlexWriter 4012U) and a USB 2.0 PCMCIA card to go with it so she can get the full performance of the drive. Anyways, I was browsing around the software before we left and I saw Madden 2003 for only 24 bucks, so I decided to grab a copy and it was worth it.

Now I am a big football fan, and have always liked the Madden series (ever since they stopped being so arcade like), so I absolutly loved the game. Its simply the best football sim out there for the PC. I dont have or play any consoles, so I can not compare to any of them. The graphics are sweet and run great on lower end machines. Even with many of the options and features off, it still looks pretty impressive. The game play is just as good as its always been and of course, very addictive. I can't wait to go home and start my franchise.

Anyway, since there are lots of football fans in here (from all the NFL threads), I thought that I would let people know about the price of the game, and its worth a look at least. I think the price is now 24.99, which is about 26 bucks and some change after taxes ect on average, which is still good, at Best Buy until like Saturday I think. Give it a look at, you wont be dissappointed.

$24.99??? No way! PS2 is towards $50...I wonder when they'll revamp the PC version...giving them straight ports is kind of a rip off...PC goers need little extras like moding and skinning online, etc. New models. Can you imagine a mod community for Madden games? Pretty cool...

Originally posted by Artoo

2K3 owns j00!!!

Best football simulation to date!!!

I don't know, I've played both (on X-box) and I must say, I like Madden better...now before you accuse me of fanboyism, I actually was a huge fan of the Sega games. They really could have done tons more with the ESPN liscense, but no, you have the same two sound-a-likes doing the broadcast and it has really limited creation options (player/team). Madden still has a few problems with announcing (my major complaint is that Madden says some of the stupidest things). I care nothing for the on-line play...I like to play strategy and shooting games online, not sure how I'd do at sports.

Archived