Home

An Age of Mythology tester sizes up the game

polaris_crd

I've had my alpha for one week now and I'm in awe. Age of Mythology is the best RTS I've ever played. Warcraft III doesn't even come close to the graphics, sound, and game play of AoM.

This game is so damn cool. I play it ever single day once my school work is done. This game has a lot of diversity. You don't see people mass only one or two types of units and expect to win. Everyone has their favorite myth units though. Mine for the Greeks is the minotaur, and no he really isn't the strongest but he is very useful. Each myth unit has special abilities, but unlike warcraft they are activated automaticly at random. For example the minotaur's special ability is head butt, and the targeted unit goes flying trough the air and takes severe damage.

The balance testers have balanced this game very well. I'm impressed. I hope the next starwars game is as good as AoM.

I'm on a 56k and I rarely have lag on 1v1 or 2v2. Great online environment. Very fun.

I can answer some questions about the game, but please note I can't give exact details about the tech tree because of the NDA (no disclosure agreement.)

Originally posted by polaris_crd

I've had my alpha for one week now and I'm in awe. Age of Mythology is the best RTS I've ever played. Warcraft III doesn't even come close to the graphics, sound, and game play of AoM.

This game is so damn cool. I play it ever single day once my school work is done. This game has a lot of diversity. You don't see people mass only one or two types of units and expect to win. Everyone has their favorite myth units though. Mine for the Greeks is the minotaur, and no he really isn't the strongest but he is very useful. Each myth unit has special abilities, but unlike warcraft they are activated automaticly at random. For example the minotaur's special ability is head butt, and the targeted unit goes flying trough the air and takes severe damage.

Heh heh. I've never seen that in-game before. Must be funny.:D

This sounds great to hear! AOM beats WCIII :D! w00ty! Anyhow, several questions for you.

1. I heard there would be an in game server. Is this true?

2. How is resource management this time? Is it in anyway like AOK or is it different and not so difficult?

3. Does gold generate how much depending on distance like AOK still?

4. I heard stone was eliminated this time. Is it true and how are castles/fortress' biult?

5. How long does it take to have a building built and how durable are they this time?

Thanks for your time polaris_crd in answering any questions :):D.

Archived