Home

phatMod 1.0

zERoCooL2479

Good combination!!!

But I think, somebody should get a solution for a problem: Think, I saw some servers, where so many people have double dual blades or something like that!!!

When everybody goes around with that, it isn't very funny!!!

A normal double or dual saber, ok!! But not more!!!

The other thing is the Jetpack: Now everybody will fly around and make saber fights in the air!!!

Maybe the first time, it is cool, but when everybody do this...... that isn't a fair fight anymore and looks very strange, when jedis fly around!!!

I think, when somebody is a jedi and uses a saber and forces, he is strong enough!!!

but people, who doesn't use saber (and maybe also no force!!) should be allowed to fly with an jetpack, that's fair, I think!!!

Or only people, who uses a Boba Fett/Jango Fett Model!!!

I don't know it right, but somebody should think, if it is nice to play normal, when jedis with force and saber fly with jetpacks and maybe also with a doubel dual saber blade!!!

no, why a fuel limit?

and how fast the fuel becomes empty?

in the movies jango and boba can fly a long time!!

I tested the jetpack and fight against bots!!

They can shoot very good and when you fly you are not so fast to fly away and you are a good point to shoot!!!

So when you have to look also on the fuel, then it would be too confusing!!

No, the jetpack should be used so long somebody wants!!!

ForceMod? Where I can find this?

It sounds interesting and it is compatible with JediMod??

to zERoCooL2479: your phatMod 1.0 is great!!!! I hope, it becomes very popular!!! But I see, that you also add some new saber hilts!!!

You forgot to add also an icon picture for it, in the menu they look all the same!!

But I have a better Anakin saber for you, which you also can add, it also has an icon!!!

And maybe also Kyle's Saber!! Has nobody noticed, that Kyle's saber isn't there?

But really great mod!!!

Oh, I've added also some new names to the tckmodel.cfg, I also can send it to you, if you want!!!

The reason that Kyle's saber isn't there is because it is in the saber folder. Jedimod will only read thing in folders that have saber_(name here) as the folder name. You can easy add Kyle's saber though.

I think the server should choose the fuel limit. Something like mod_FuelLimit and if it is 0 then that will be unlimited fuel.

yes, that is the best solution when the server can choose that, good idea!!!

by the way, is it possible, that bots can use the jet pack?

because i like playing bots and when I think a TeamFFA, I play Jango Fett and Boba Fett is in my team, fighting against Clone Troopers or Jedis?

Would be funny, I think!!!

The reason that the Anakin and Obiwan2 saber hilts do not have icons is that I was having trouble getting them to appear, it was appearing as just a black space with no hilt at all...so in default, I allowed the mod to place the default saber hilt in there for now...All icons and new saber hilts will be added for upcoming PhatPacks, along with some plans for the jetpack code ;-) Many more new features are brewing in my mind...keep it flowing with the ideas folks...I would be more than glad to hear them

i have to say, that you have very great plans!!!

can you also add in your saber pack the normal kyle saber? that shouldn't be very difficult!!

dest would be proud, if he can see, how you add new functions!!!

maybe he allowed you also to let this tell JediMod v1.3!!!

But your mod is one of the best at the moment!!!

A problem wit the icons? Strange... you only have to the tga-file in the folder "saber_yoursabername", that should be all!!!

plans for the jetpack? which plans?

maybe you can take a look to my new thread "special wepaon", maybe it is possible, that you can add my idea!!!

the ai could be programmed to use the jetpack that's not hard ! but if you wan't the ai to use correctly the jetpack it's going to be harder ! because you would have to change the navigation and the pathfinging algorythm

Do the navigation and the pathfinding algorithim determine botroutes?

well you could create a new type of waypoints like a jetpack waypoint and modify the pathfinding to use these waypoints only if the bot can use the jetpack.

your question :

if yu created a waypoint while using the jetpack then the bot might just stay under and look in the air ,stupidly.

or he could just ignore it.

or he could just jump trying to reach the place (even if he can't lol).

if you have ever played with cs bots (pod,realbots or other) on a map with bad or no waypoints you'll know what i mean.

but i didn't really look the navigation code i might be wrong.

well i'm not really good with that but i can try to help ,

once i did a cs bot and the navigation sucked lol it was funny,

the bots were so stupid and sometimes they just turned around the waypoints :)

well Darth Syrup can contact me no problem :

martin.tck@wanadoo.fr

i have icq too and i will give him by mail if he wants.

he should look at the navigation system and at the HPB bots

and open source cs bot ,it may be usefull for waypoints and navigation.

http://www.planethalflife.com/botman/

to zERoCooL2479:

I´m not sure about this, but is it possible that the hilt icon is a tga?

remeber that q3 engine based games use tga's alpha channels in order to implement transparencies...

check it out.

icq me if you want to keep talking about it in a better way.

ICQ#: 83407889

Nick: ]\[EO

Archived