Home

Rotating view in JK2?

ShaderWriter

All:

I have 2 questions (btw, the game is absolutely stunning):

1) What is the command or keystroke to rotate the camera around the person to see the front of them? I see a lot of screenshots showing the front of the character but there is no option in the controls/movement for that.

2) The new patch doesn't work correctly on the new Det 4.0 drivers. I was wondering if there was a way to get EAX support without having to load up the patch? I have s_UseOpenAL "1" in the config file but this doesn't seem to put the EAX option in the options menu.

Thanks,

-M

Originally posted by ShaderWriter

Ah, so its a constant. Meaning you can't hold down a shift button and move the mouse around the character to see them in realtime?

-M

That would be cool... in Jk1 if you idled you're character in third person, it rotated the camera around Kyle playing with his lightsaber.

I think it's important to piont out that "cg_thirdpersonangle" is a cheatprotected variable, meaning that you will have to start a map with the commad "devmap mapname" to get it to work.

But does anyone know why the HELL it's considered cheating to change the point of view? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Edit: Sorry if I offended anyone, I thought that word was going to be censored.

Originally posted by zworqy

I think it's important to piont out that "cg_thirdpersonangle" is a cheatprotected variable, meaning that you will have to start a map with the commad "devmap mapname" to get it to work.

But does anyone know why the HELL it's considered cheating to change the point of view? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Edit: Sorry if I offended anyone, I thought that word was going to be censored.

I think you could see who's coming in back of you (but then your front would be unprotected :confused: )

Imagine the arsefighters in 1.03 if this command isn't cheat protected? Then they would REALLY be fighting arse-forward!

these work in sp and mp:

bind f3 helpusobi 1

bind q cg_thirdpersonvertoffset 0

bind w cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0.3(default)

bind e cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0

bind r cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0.1

bind t cg_thirdpersonpitchoffset 15

you can press f3,q,w,e,r,t after you enter these and they will work.i am putting so many keys because i dont now how to make them toggle on and off.

does anyone know how to toggle these commands on and off with hitting the same key twice?

and there is a lot more ....

Archived