Home

Need help regarding dual lightsabers mods...

Darkchyld

Hey everybody, new here. I just recently got a new comp (finally upgraded from a mac) as well as Jedi Outcast, so I have been out of the game for quite some time, so to speak. Well, I instantly fell in love with modding and the quality mods that you fine folks have created and placed on this site. While looking over maps to dl, I came across the Geonosis Hanger beta mod (I can't remember the creators name - sorry), and in the attached pic was Anakin w/ dual lightsabers. At once, I began to delve into trying to find any mods that would allow this mode. I came across several, but unfortunately, for some reason, I couldn't get any of the mods to run properly on my machine (which is, indeed a fairly high-end machine that surpasses all technical needs for the game). Quite irritating. So, what I'm asking is, if anyone knows of a singular mod for this (not attached to a larger mod), could you please post it? I would be really, really gratefull.

I downloaded JediPLUS, and was able to load it. Then, I came across a completely new problem. I had no idea how to set the mod up. I mean, I could load it from the mod menu, start it up with no problems, yet whenever I would type a command line into the console, nothing would happen. The game would continue to behave as it had. That ment no new emots, no dual saber, no nothing. I'm sorta new to the whole mod scene, so if anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong, or perhaps give me a step-by-step list on activation of the mod, I would be very, very gratefull. Thanks in advance.

Right, I do that and it loads and everything. The problem comes in that I don't quite "get" how to activate any of the modification in-game.

In the readme, it says to be sure to switch "mod_dualsaber to 1", but I don't know how to do that, so I can't activate the mod.

But on the other hand, when I type in an emote, like "/scratch" nothing happens either.

I know this whole thing is probably stupid and totally newbie to everyone else, and I can't help but feel the answer is right in front of me, so I want to thank those who are lending a hand.

I followed the readme, as well as the comment above. I turn off the lightsaber, then I typed in "set mod_dualsaber1" into the console, and then typed in "bind i 'dualsaber' ". I hit i, and nothing happens. I turn on my lightsaber, nothing happens. Stranger, is that typing in "/dualsaber" or "/twinsaber" results in the console saying "unknown cmd". It's odd because in the readme, the two above commands are both activators for the mod.

this is very confusing.

Yes I did, but just to be sure, I just went back and double-checked. Again, it was a no go. What's even odder is that nothing at all in the mod seems to be loading. For example, the mod is supposed to load up two new saber styles (purple and orange, respectively), yet these do not appear either. That would lead me to believe that I loaded the mod incorrectly, but it appears in the "mods" box in the settings area under the main menu. And as said before, I can load the mod without any problems - in that I can click on "load", and the game restarts, loading the mod as it does. The only thing is, nothing that mod is supposed to do is present upon loading. I know I'm sort of tripping over words here, so if you are having any trouble understanding what I mean, just say so and I will clarify for you.

I checked my setup menu, but found no TCK SABERS submenu. It looked as normal as always. As for other mods in my base directory, yes I do have some skin and level mods. Just to be sure those mods were not interfering with the JediPLUS mod, I removed all of them from the folder, and loaded up the mod without any other mods activated. Again, nothing happened. No new saber styles, no new emotes could be activated, nothing.

I tried to load both JediPlus and JediMOD, but the same issues came up with both mods. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. JediPlus doesn't work properly (see above), and JediMOD doesn't even load for some reason (and I checked all the other mods to see if there were compatibility issues). Maybe I'm installing them wrong. I unzip the file upon downloading, and then proceed to put the files contained therein into the Gamedata folder under the Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast folder. Is this right? Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Right, I've been doing that, but still no luck. I place the JediMod (or JediPlus, or whatever) folder that is unzipped into the gamedata folder, and still nothing. I'm curious, was there an official patch released that fixes any mod problems? I mean, from the information I've gathered from everyone, I've been doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing, so maybe the problem lies not with how I'm installing it, but in the version of the game I have. or compatablility issues stemming form that. Like I said earlier, I don't know much about mods or the ilk, so I appreciate everyone taking their time to help (I'm sure you all think I'm a horrible n00b who knows nothing about mods or computer software - and for the most part, you'd be right ;) )

also, make sure that in the JediMOD folder, that in the autoexec.cfg, that there are these lines

set mod_debugcheats 1

set mod_dualsabers 1

set mod_thedestroyer 1

set mod_emotes 1

Not sure if they are the same for 1.2 as they are for 1.1 and 1.0, but I do know that I couldn't get anything to work until I added that set mod_debugcheats 1 command line to the autoexec.cfg file.

Okay, I figured out the notepad/autoexec thing, and it all seems to make sense, HOWEVER, now I have a new problem (sigh...is it worth it?). I try to load the mod, and all I get is a white screen (the FAQ says something about a white screen, but it also mentions an error message - something that doesn't come up at all). The white screen does not change, nor can I exit it (I have to restart my computer to get out of the screen). I figured it must have something to do with the various mods I already have installed (level mods and skin mods only, that is), so I removed them all. No such luck, I recieved the same problem. Now I'm really, really confused... :(

Archived