Home

The Good 1.4 Patch-It might interest you

Rancilk

I see what you are saying TheMule, but right now I think that the saber is underpowered at the moment. I agree that you don't want it to be two powerful, but it should be one of the most powerful weapons in the game IMO, as it is in the movies. Certainly it is possible to do well with the saber, but I guess I get frustrated that it take several swipes to take out someone holding a bryar (just ask CTF guys about that). When at the same time it never takes more than two rockets or seconadary shots from the repeater and the grenade launcher (can't remember the real name off hand).

I find on guns servers the saber is really only good for defence (that's probably overstating it, but you get my point). I'm not necessarily saying the saber should be one hit kills, but I do think that it should be cranked up a bit. That's why I propose g_saberdamagescale 2 (even 1.5?) and not higher, as I agree that is probably overkill. And probably only in the CTF and FFA games, not necessarily duels. I find that that allows you to kill someone with two or three swipes. And so I think it makes it as deadly but not more so than the rocket launcher, repeater, and so on. I also pretty much like the special moves the way they are. Your opinions may vary.

He was kicking the collective arses of at least 4 lame saber-scripters on there, usually with weapons OTHER than the saber. If all you can do is push one button, you need to climb back on your short bus and go home.

I'm sure he was. And if they were really scripters that probably actually hinders them a bit. As for just pushing one button, that will certainly get you killed every time, especially if the saber damage was slightly increased. Someone with a little defense can pick someone like that apart. But I don't think they need to climb back on their short bus and go home, because I want them to stick around so I can boost my kill totals :)

Cheers. I appreciate your opinions.

Archived