Home

The Good 1.4 Patch-It might interest you

Rancilk

*cough*Good? Don't know about you but the word "Light Saber" doesnt seem to properly show on 1.4 i mean come on the thing is a laser for god sake IT SHOULD ONE HIT like 1.2, but anyway this is multiplayer strategies right? so il ask something

How in the World you get good at 1.4,Play like 1.3 Newbies?im so confused,Remenber in 1.3? When u get grip and push you off the edge You actualy could save yourself out of it!But i realized that in 1.4 Once there a newbies behind you u get screwed....So A FFA i should just DFA forever.....Il say it Again,The Thing is a Saber,CTF is the most frustrating mode of jk2 i ever played , Team Energize and Team Healing is there a way to kill a Carrier?Well there always the kick + DFA but this might take forever anyway if any of you guys got good tip for 1.4 well tell me em because right now i believe this game getting worse on evry patch

Bah i'm not geting payed enough to promote Promod. Maybe i should just put it in my sig or something.

K if 1.04 was a jk2 player and so was Promod 1.04 would be like "haha fag i am offical" and Promod would be like "My saber combat system makes the lightsaber more than a plastic glowing stick" and then 1.04 would try to DFA promod while it is typeing, and promod would dodge and hit 1.04 in the back.

Anyway get Promod, removes all random encounters and makes all outcomes relayant on skill.

offical site: http://www.oculis.org/promod/ (it's not working)

Place to find promod servers: http://www.qtracker.com

search for jk2 games and sort by mod.

Place to download at jkii.net: http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=902

Read the readme!!

Another thing to do would be to ask the server to set this:

seta g_saberdamagescale "2"

seta g_saberboxtracesize "-1"

seta g_saberdmgvelocityscale "1.2"

seta g_saberdmgdelay_idle "350"

seta g_saberdmgdelay_wound "0"

seta g_saberghoul2collision "1"

seta g_sabertracesaberfirst "1"

seta _saberalwaysboxtrace "1"

Now you have a lightsaber again without loading promod. Try it for yourself in a lan server. Bet you will like it. Not as complete as promod but its way better than stock 1.04.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Sith Maximus

Now you have a lightsaber again without loading promod. Try it for yourself in a lan server. Bet you will like it. Not as complete as promod but its way better than stock 1.04.

I tried these settings and they do indeed make 1.04 much better.

I know what g_saberdamagescale, g_saberghoul2collision, g_sabertracesaberfirst do, but could someone fill me in on what the others do? Thanks for any help...

Originally posted by Prime

I know what g_saberdamagescale, g_saberghoul2collision, g_sabertracesaberfirst do, but could someone fill me in on what the others do? Thanks for any help...

I asked the same question on the coding forum and here is AsK's reply pasted in:

g_saberBoxTraceSize: defines a box size for tracing saber hits

box size is controlled using these other variables:

g_saberghoul2collision makes the trace box bigger by 3 times

g_saberghoul2collision enables Ghoul2 engine usage while calculating collisions, making the model bounding box very close to the model outline, instead of being just a BOX And it also makes blocks harder to execute.

g_saberdmgvelocityscale: controls the knockback you experience when hit by a saber

g_saberdmgdelay_idle: once in how many milliseconds (or rather the units which level.time is calculated in) damage the other player if the saber is touching him

g_saberdmgdelay_wound: defines the delay for dealing damage after the saber hit the player.

g_sabertracesaberfirst: from a peek that I saw, it disables the tracing of saber against another saber hit. The behavior of the saber is then the same as in duels.

g_saberalwaysboxtrace: forces the trace to be always as if the player is using the fast (blue) stance of the saber

That is correct griff38. If you are playing on another server that doesn't have them set, your settings won't be used. They will be used if you are fighting bots or set up your own server. That is why I am "frustrated" that more 1.04 servers don't have increased saber damamge (g_saberdamagescale 2 or greater). From what I've seen pretty much everyone agrees that the saber needs to do more damage. This is one obvious solution, but most servers just have it set to 1. Just my pet peeve I guess...

Got it, thanks.

Yea, I mean come on I want my saber to kill with 1 stroke more often than not.

When I run my server I have saberdamagescale at the maximum "4" and I set cg_dismemberment and c_dismemberment to "100".

If you have never played this way you really owe it to yourself to give it a try.

My ip: 66.177.42.28 All are welcome

"Its awlays Darkest just before the Light."

Originally posted by Prime

That is why I am "frustrated" that more 1.04 servers don't have increased saber damamge (g_saberdamagescale 2 or greater). From what I've seen pretty much everyone agrees that the saber needs to do more damage.

Originally posted by griff38

Yea, I mean come on I want my saber to kill with 1 stroke more often than not.

Wasn't the whole idea of 1.04 to move away from overpowered saber fights, where everyone, including noobs, just had a bunch of scripted-to-hell movesets, and people rarely used any of the rest of the weapons? I agree with fixing it so that when some punk gets behind you, you're not jacked over from their grip, but the rest is crap. I don't want a bunch of loser noobs ganging up on me with sabers in a confined space, and not being able to get out of it because they can kill me in just one slash. That's bull. If you're skilled, you can do just fine with a weaker saber. My brother tore it up in an FFA game. He was kicking the collective arses of at least 4 lame saber-scripters on there, usually with weapons OTHER than the saber. If all you can do is push one button, you need to climb back on your short bus and go home.

Sorry, but it just can't be said enough.

I understand what youre saying "TheMule", for me though saberdamagescale "4" and max dismemberment most closely resembles what it must have really been like in the days of the Japanese sword masters. They did no swordfighting, they swung for the body not the opponents sword.

I know I know, what the sith has Japanese swordmasters got to do with this game...........

Nothing wrong with dismemberment, it's the saber power thing that keeps bugging me...

If it becomes that strong, other weapons are direly outmoded, save for sniping, and those occasional long shots with the missile/heavy repeater secondary fire. If we wanted to be realistic and have one-slash saber kills, we really oughta make the weapons one-shot kills too, unless you have shields. Whatever happened to BALANCE???

Archived