Home

State of ProMod beta 3

ArtifeX

Originally posted by ArtifeX

I've already started the wheels turning to create a "ProMod mediapack" that will be a compilation of the levels, models and skins best suited to competition play. Haven't had much feedback though. Everybody put up the stuff you think is really well done and I'll compile it all.

OKAY, since nobody else seems to want to do this, I'll start.

Maps:

Wiredlampstudios CTF Mappack seems very good, and has good BOT support

CST9xt8 is a great map, but I don't recall if it has BOT support or not.

Models/Skins

BattleDroid: There are a couple of these out. I'm redoing the sounds on one. I can email it to you.

ANLuke

C3PO_4Lom

Cheshire_Arco_Vader: Another I'm redoing the sounds for, and turning out really good!

CT_Palpatine

DarthMaul: the best Maul model I've seen, but lacks BOT support

glm_Dooku

glm_Maul_Model: The more popular Maul model. I'm redoing the sounds on this one too, and it's turning out GREAT!

Guard2.1: someone recently added BOT support for this.

MC_Tusken

nakedTav: This is a MUST

Royalguard

I'll add more later, I need to look through some of them.

C'mon people, let's get some lists going !!!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Syfo-Dyas

OKAY, since nobody else seems to want to do this, I'll start.

Maps:

CST9xt8 is a great map, but I don't recall if it has BOT support or not.

Models/Skins

BattleDroid: There are a couple of these out. I'm redoing the sounds on one. I can email it to you.

ANLuke

C3PO_4Lom

Cheshire_Arco_Vader: Another I'm redoing the sounds for, and turning out really good!

CT_Palpatine

DarthMaul: the best Maul model I've seen, but lacks BOT support

glm_Dooku

glm_Maul_Model: The more popular Maul model. I'm redoing the sounds on this one too, and it's turning out GREAT!

Guard2.1: someone recently added BOT support for this.

MC_Tusken

nakedTav: This is a MUST

Royalguard

I'll add more later, I need to look through some of them.

C'mon people, let's get some lists going !!!

Thx for the input. I'll look at these asap.

OK, I need to revise a few things from my previous list, and add some new stuff:

Maps:

Carbon Station t9xt8 -doesn't have BOT support, but IS a cool map!

Cathedral

CTF_Bespinfort

CTF_Destroyer

CTF_Spaceport

ctf_Tanzin

ctf_Waterpump Station

EchoBaseCTF

IRGCoruscantMapPack

ReactorCTF

(Most of these contain no BOT support. If someone knows how to add it, PLEASE DO! I have found that some of these maps are quite large -e.g. IRGCoruscantMapPack-, and run a little slow on my computer -800MHz, over 300MB RAM, ATI 32MB vid card-. I haven't played online, however, and most maps run a little faster when my CPU doesn't have to think about handling BOTs, so this may not be an issue for everyone.)

Skins/Models

(In general, anything done by Mars or Cheshire is pretty much guaranteed to be good. I haven't downloaded all of their stuff, but it's probably worth looking into.)

(*=From previous list)

*ANHLuke -still needs support for teams

*BattleDroid: There are a couple of these out. I'm redoing the sounds on one. I can email it to you.

*C3PO_4Lom

*Cheshire_Arco_Vader: Another I'm redoing the sounds for, and turning out really good!

*CT_Palpatine

*DarthMaul: the best Maul model I've seen, but lacks BOT support

*glm_Dooku

*glm_Maul_Model: The more popular Maul model. I'm redoing the sounds on this one too, and it's turning out GREAT!

*Guard2.1: someone recently added BOT support for this.

*MC_Tusken

*nakedTav: This is a MUST

*Royalguard

Boba

Boushh/RTOJ Leia -and YES, she has her clothes ON...

Clone Trooper

Darth Vaniav2 -No BOT support yet.

Aayla (Contains several skins)

FernaKhase (Ladybrena) (contains 3 other skins)

Ki Adi VM

Yuuzhanvong

Jango

JarJar

Padme Geonosis

StealthKyle

RoboTavion

Tyrion

Yoda

Yun

ZapPack (lots of cool variations, well done Tron, so team support)

SaberHilts:

AncientSaberV2 -really nice looking gold saber hilt.

ArtifeX, how do you want to go about implementing a Skin/Map Pack? If you'll tell me what you want or how you want it done, I'd be willing to handle as much of it as I can. That would save you some time, so you can focus on ProMod3. I could communicate with the authors as well and see if they have any updates to add -Maybe even BOT support...

Jus lemme know...

Here's my requirements:

Models/Skins - Must have team support, and must have all their appropriate sounds (pain, taunts, etc.). Must be plainly visible: no camouflaged skins. Must of course be of high quality otherwise.

Maps - Must have bot support. There's a lot of people playing ProMod offline against bots. I don't want anything in a mediapack that cannot be used offline properly. Must have been made with map balance in mind--I don't want any maps that are pretty, but play poorly.

Dirge is a decent ffa map. Plays well, has bot support, looks good and is easy on the cpu. It's only downside imo is that it is too dark in a few places.

I'd like to have seen AcidStoragePlantv2 included as well if it wasn't so much of a cpu hog.

Here's my requirements:

Models/Skins - Must have team support,

I think most do, but some could be added without too much work. I might go though and add team support to some of them. If anyone enjoys doing this kind of thing, and would be willing to take it on, LET ME KNOW...

and must have all their appropriate sounds (pain, taunts, etc.).

I believe sounds are pretty much optional for these. People often add a few sounds, but the game fills in the rest. Are you saying that all of the sounds should be custom?

Must be plainly visible: no camouflaged skins.
What is a camouflaged skin to you? To me, Darth Vader -or any solid black skin- is closer to camoulaged than most. Or are you describing something entirely different?

Maps - Must have bot support. There's a lot of people playing ProMod offline against bots. I don't want anything in a mediapack that cannot be used offline properly.

Some have BOT support but do not play as well as others. How do we judge the cutoff line? Is it BOT support, yes or no? Or, is it GOOD BOT support, yes or no?

Must have been made with map balance in mind--I don't want any maps that are pretty, but play poorly.

Makes sense, but is this somewhat subjective? How do you define balance?

I'll start having a look around to see what I can find.

How many maps/models/skins/hilts do you want? approx

I'd appreciate any input, ProModders -This is the stuff you'll be playing on, so speak NOW or shut the hell up... ;)

Originally posted by Syfo-Dyas

I think most do, but some could be added without too much work. I might go though and add team support to some of them. If anyone enjoys doing this kind of thing, and would be willing to take it on, LET ME KNOW...

I believe sounds are pretty much optional for these. People often add a few sounds, but the game fills in the rest. Are you saying that all of the sounds should be custom?

They don't have to be custom, but they do have to be correct. There's some models floating around out there that have one sound for every pain level. That's not good.

What is a camouflaged skin to you? To me, Darth Vader -or any solid black skin- is closer to camoulaged than most. Or are you describing something entirely different?

Basically anything that provides a visibility advantage to the user is something I don't want. Solid black is ok, because that doesn't blend into most of the environments well.

Some have BOT support but do not play as well as others. How do we judge the cutoff line? Is it BOT support, yes or no? Or, is it GOOD BOT support, yes or no?

In general, bots need to not get stuck or have any other obvious flaws. If they play the level well, that's even better.

Makes sense, but is this somewhat subjective? How do you define balance?

An example of bad balance would be a level with a very bad choke point, or a ctf map that gives one team easy access to the best weapons/powerups while making it difficult for the other team.

I'll start having a look around to see what I can find.

How many maps/models/skins/hilts do you want? approx

I'd appreciate any input, ProModders -This is the stuff you'll be playing on, so speak NOW or shut the hell up... ;)

I'd like to have around 2-3 maps of each type: duel, ffa, and ctf. The number of models and skins just depends on how many quality offerings are out there.

Thanks for your help. It's much appreciated!

Anybody interested in downloading and testing out some of these maps? I'd love to do it myself, but working on 3.0 is eating up all of my time. I'll make sure to give anyone generous enough to do this some mention in the readme file once 3.0 is released.

Thx!

Originally posted by MMXP

I think a suitable reward for the not-so-lucky would be a copy of Beta 3.0 and the PW to your server! LOL!

There's already a select few with such privileges that are helping me test. I would probably need someone to test the maps in the current build...

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by MMXP

I was kidding. (Besides that, I don't see how something balanced in... What, 1.04, would suddenl;y turn unbalanced in ProMod... Seems strange.. Oh well.)

Testing a map in 1.04 should be fine. The introduction of the jetpack may alter things a bit though.

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

Send me the maps if you can Artifex. I have the jetpack mod to test the jetpack aspects, if anything.

Actually Rad, the jetpack I'm implementing is totally different to the one in the jetpack mod. It's going to be more like the tribes 2 jetpack. Not sure how much difference that would make. What I'm mostly concerned about is bottlenecks, weapon placement, and bot support.

Anyone got the links to those to post here?

As for the maps:

Entes PadHall can be fount in Ente's padpack: http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=241

He also made quite a good FFA map, padstation

http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=118

Duel_hall

http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=112v

Duel_kamino

http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=280

and duel_kaminoX

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2394.shtml

matrix_dojo

http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=331

coruscant_promenade

http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=518

IRG map pack ...imho, only the ffa/ctf map is decent though

http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=254

Wiredlampstudios CTF Mappack

http://66.28.242.247/jediknight2/jediknight2/

dunno the link for the other maps listed

hello all, I dont expect anyone to listen to what I'll be typing here since nobody know me, but I never had enough interest in any of the mods out there (with the exception of Mars' vulcanus admin mod for crwod control), or enough ego in discussing game related issues to register on any forum... Promod did change that as it gave me back the fun I lost over time in this game. Too bad I can't find any servers with human players on it in order to share my excitement on this mod and to actually improve a little. I will constrain myself to suggesting maps/models that I liked (some people have mentioned them allready) since I do think that releasing promod with a collection of the best maps and models out there would be something I would like to see.

I have rarely ventured onto guns servers since the saber became utterly useless there are much better gun-based fps multiplayer games out there so I played JKII for it's unique feture of the saber... that meant saber only servers or jedi vs merc (which is a joke actually), so unfortunately I may suggest some newer maps that do not have a great gun-location, my apologies for that.

Models I find really well made are:

the mandalorians (if the saber swing thing can be fixed, if it has and i don't know it, ignore the comment)

Cheshire Vader

Conetroopers (with the newer Alien_JL, KapnKeg skins)

Kit Fisto

Yoda (great model, sizing controversies aside)

JarJar

Padme Geonosis

Tyrion (not my fav but people seem to like it a lot)

Aayla (see tyrion)

Boushh

Wookie

MC_Tusken

glm_dooku

DarthMaul

CT_palpatine (i hate it but you have to have an emperor model for "those" people out there... I'm infrerring to the peple who have a paper weight stuck on the lightning key :) )

Battle Droid (many of these out there... I like the Prophet ones, but any will do)

Anakin, ObiWan, QuiGon (these have to be the most fragmented skins models out there... truthfully, they all look the same to me with the exception of ghost ben. for the sake of completion and harmony one model(or)skin should included for these characters... again any will do as they mostly look the same to me)

Maps:

Sarlacc (I dont see where the guns would go here but I like outdoor maps a lot)

jedicouncilgc2

ffa_episode1 (almost everyone has this anyway)

Cloudshark

XG Arena

Sandarena2

coruscant promenade

dimsidepalace2

ffa_wastefacilityewoke

ffa_ns_terminal

ffa_wov (maybe too dark for some)

canyon_oasis

the two kektik maos (nan_dm1 and 2)

ente's padstation

skyhigh

wookievillage

jabba

ewok_village

I know the list is long, I'm thinking nominees allways outnumber winners... I also never played CTF on non-standard maps so can't help out there.

hope this helps, and I'm looking forward for your PM3 release... hopefully I'll be able to find servers with people on them :(

Originally posted by ksk h2o

hello all, I dont expect anyone to listen to what I'll be typing here since nobody know me, but I never had enough interest in any of the mods out there (with the exception of Mars' vulcanus admin mod for crwod control), or enough ego in discussing game related issues to register on any forum... Promod did change that as it gave me back the fun I lost over time in this game. Too bad I can't find any servers with human players on it in order to share my excitement on this mod and to actually improve a little. ...

Welcome to the Forums. :)

Glad you like the mod so far. It's pretty tough to find a Promod beta 2 server that's populated these days. Hopefully that'll change when 3.0 is released. I'm going to do my best to spread the word once it's available.

We had a gathering night on thursdays at 8:30pm there for a while in my server, but I've had to close my server to closed-test ProMod 3.0. Anyone running a server that would be willing to host Fight Night again?

Models I find really well made are:

the mandalorians (if the saber swing thing can be fixed, if it has and i don't know it, ignore the comment)

Cheshire Vader

I know the list is long, I'm thinking nominees allways outnumber winners... I also never played CTF on non-standard maps so can't help out there.

hope this helps, and I'm looking forward for your PM3 release... hopefully I'll be able to find servers with people on them :(

Pick 2 or 3 maps, models and skins that you like, and post the links to their download pages so that people can check them out for balance, bot support and overall quality.

Actually Rad, the jetpack I'm implementing is totally different to the one in the jetpack mod. It's going to be more like the tribes 2 jetpack. Not sure how much difference that would make. What I'm mostly concerned about is bottlenecks, weapon placement, and bot support.

Anyone got the links to those to post here?

Niiiice.

Now we will have mercs attempting to master Tribes skills... prepare to watch me slide past while dropping bombs.

Archived