Home

Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious model released!

Toonces

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys :D Hope you all enjoy him. He's far from a perfect model, but thanks to Arco, Psynes, Sithlord, and GraFox for the incredible textures, this model wouldnt have been anything to look at without them :)

And to the community as well, I might have given up a long time ago with you guys, it was very frustrating early on, but due to the good people here I kept pluging away.

I'm gonna get some zzz's, the file will be up on Driving Cat Studios until the major sites have it up, and even then I'll probly keep him up there as long as I have the bandwith

Gonna take the day off tommorow and then it's back to work for Kit ;)

Oh, PS, he has FULL single player support (facial animations)

Hey Guys,

I appreciate everyones patience at this forum. this model was along time in the making and I hope the finished product is all and more than what you expected. Toonces poured his heart and soul into this project and I am just happy to be apart of it. I really hope you guys like the skins, This was my first skinning project ever for JKII (or any Quake]I[ based FPS) And to say I am happy with the result is an understatement. Well enjoy the Model. and once again let me say thanks

Awesome model! It was everything I had expected of it! Well worth the wait!

However, I did find a couple bugs:

1) SithLord's Palpatine has a problem. The .skin file links all the files to "models/players/sithlord_palptine" but the files are in "models/players/sithlord_palpatine". So that's a problem when it comes to using that skin.

2) I noticed there were no caps.

Other than that...I loved the icon for Darth Sidious holo and the effect for that itself. That looked awesome. All of the skins are top quality! Great job!

Originally posted by skywalker19

*sigh*

i cant even use the model/skins :(

i extracted the file to /base and nadda. :(

If it isn't what Grafox said then you've probably ran into the infamous skin/model icon limit the game has, i along with many others have been dealing with it for awhile now. I don't know why Raven did this but the player setup screen will only show around 100 icons at any given time. Once you've hit that limit things start to get confusing, sometimes you'll get lucky and the icons will show up when you install a new model (replacing other icons that were there) but most of the time they don't show at all. You can try removing a couple other pk3's from base and see if that makes them appear, or do what i do and load the skins yourself in the console.

type these in

model arco_palpatine

model ct_sidious

model darth_sidious

model grafox_palpatine

model sithlord_palptine (yes palptine)

THAT HOLO SKIN SUCKS! ;P I'm only saying that because it's the wrong version. That was an early version (test version). The icon isn't even close to final there and I stripped the model of all effect except being transparent (they just wouldn't work).

I posted this in the WIP thread too, but...

Toonces, you should take a look at that and post a quick update for that. I still have the final version here if you misplaced/lost it.

Archived