Home

Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious model released!

Toonces

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a solution for the icon problem:

Take the models that u want to show up first and name them like "zPalpatine" and it will show up first, "yPalpatine" will show up second if u have no "zFile", and so on... Hope this helps :D

Edit: By the way, i LOVE these skins guys, great work!

Hey, this model is really nice. Especially considering the fact that it's not possible(at this time)to animate the clothing.

Only problem i have with it though, is that it takes up 5 spaces in the character select screen. Not really a problem for me right now, but it might be problamatic in the future when more models are released. Personally i prefer to have all the non_default skins to be hidden like in the Cheshire Vader model. But that might be just me:D

I'm beaming right now :bounce1:

I'm so glad you guys all like him :) I was worried since there was such a large diffrence in both model construction, and experence for myself between Palp and Kit Fisto, but it seems that Arco, Sith, GraFox, and Psynex definatly made up for that bigtime :D

Sorry to have to put up that little update, I'm not sure how I put the wrong version of Holo Sid in there, I was half asleep when I packed the thing last night

Hopefully the bugs (and I know there are a bunch) aren't too bad, I tried to work them all out but there were a few that I couldnt seem to get around

A BIG thanks to nomad for the sounds, he did a fantastic job with that pack :D

edit: Yeah, that icon limit stinks WhiteShdw, I couldnt bump anybody off the main page though. Holo Sid was origionally going to be one of the CTF skins but due to the fact that he can become invisible from a distance I decided against that.

Kit Fisto will be a little diffrent, there will be no hidden icons, but I will be releasing the default in one pk3, and then each artist's skins in a diffrent pk3, all in the same innitial release zip though. I'm doing that specifically for the icon limit problem

SpYzEr thanks for mentioning that.. now i can see all the pretty icons for this model. :D

Psynex i really think you were selling yourself short with the Holo Sidious Toonces put in the first pk3. I thought the effect looked absolutely great, the new one is great too though.. can't decide which one i like better.. But you could have kept it the way it was and nobody would have complained. :)

What can I say, I'm a perfectionist. It wasn't EXACTLY what I wanted so I canned it. I think I'm going to research it all more and maybe put it back in if I can get some interference with it to break up the disruptive UV mapping. *Bing* Just had a lightbulb appear above my head. I have another idea that might work. Don't expect an update anytime soon though. Plus I'd like to remove that black abstruction around the icon.

Originally posted by SpYzEr

The only thing i semi-dont like about it is the pointy elbows... but other than that i love it! Great work!

Yeah, they bug me a little too. I tried to work that out but when I changed them it made the sleeves look a little too small, and when tried to weight them diffrently they just looked strange. That's one thing I'll try to fix durring a potential update, won't be for a little while though

Pointy elbows add 5 damage to backstab ;)

Don't Fault nomad on the jumping and pain sounds, I removed the pain sounds because they repeated over and over again and gave me a headache. I was going to try and get new ones but I ran out of time.

I hope nomad isn't ticked I took a few sounds out, I did them as a last second edit

edit: I actually do a pretty good Palpatine impersonation (I have one of thoes radio voices) If I can make some decent pain and jump sounds I'll include them in the update (whenever that is)

thx deetox,i'll try that out...im going to do a reinstall as i had too much junk anyways(well over 70 extra skins and 40+ maps) lol.

ill keep you guys posted :)

Originally posted by Deetox187

If it isn't what Grafox said then you've probably ran into the infamous skin/model icon limit the game has, i along with many others have been dealing with it for awhile now. I don't know why Raven did this but the player setup screen will only show around 100 icons at any given time. Once you've hit that limit things start to get confusing, sometimes you'll get lucky and the icons will show up when you install a new model (replacing other icons that were there) but most of the time they don't show at all. You can try removing a couple other pk3's from base and see if that makes them appear, or do what i do and load the skins yourself in the console.

type these in

model arco_palpatine

model ct_sidious

model darth_sidious

model grafox_palpatine

model sithlord_palptine (yes palptine)

Originally posted by Toonces

Don't Fault nomad on the jumping and pain sounds, I removed the pain sounds because they repeated over and over again and gave me a headache. I was going to try and get new ones but I ran out of time.

I hope nomad isn't ticked I took a few sounds out, I did them as a last second edit

edit: I actually do a pretty good Palpatine impersonation (I have one of thoes radio voices) If I can make some decent pain and jump sounds I'll include them in the update (whenever that is)

Hey, the sounds work great in Sp. The guy almost talks my ears off :).

GREAT SKINS/MODELS - ABSOLUTELY GREAT.

I am trying to make a skin based upon this model for personal clan use. I have run into a problem and it is a problem I have found with many community created models. Perhaps someone can help me.

Basically the proportion of the skin jpegs are warped somewhat when ingame. For example if I add lettering to the back of the skin jpeg, ingame it appears stretched. I try to compensate by squashing the lettering a bit but then it loses definition and the edges look blurry.

With the models that come as default with the game this is not a problem and I can make tweaks and add lettering and the letters look nice and sharp ingame.

Can anyone offer any advice?

I can't really help you with this, but I can tell you why this is happening. It's that the uvcoords are off a bit. This being my first unwraping job it was far from perfect so that is where the stretching comes from.

I do plan on doing an update for this model down the road, I'm not sure when, but I will, and this will be one of the things I will look at.

Update:K i did a full reinstall,which really seemed to help game performance etc.

The models and skins work great!! I especially love the sound when you fall to your death..its soo perfect!! Toonces and anyone else involved with this project..GREAT JOB!! !! I'm looking forward to many many more future releases.

*cough* Plo Koon *cough*

There is a list of console commands avalible for download somewhere that has all the commands, but these are the main ones

Cheats on of cource

cg_thirdperson (will give you a list of third person camera controls

cg_thirdpersonangle (0-360 deg)

cg_thirdpersonrange (range 0-???)

cg_thirdpersonvertoffset (change up the verticle position)

Oh, that was an older version, Psynex wasn't happy with the effect so he sent me a new version.

I think I still have that one on my HD, If it's ok with Psynex I could pack it up and distribute it as a new skin, it's his call though

edit: Just read your message, I'll take a look keo :)

Archived