Home

Ambience

michael_collins

I noticed that there was good usage of prefab models in lots of the SP levels as well as MP 1s in JKII....are you planning to use the same kind of things in this mod ? for example will we see ties flying past in the secret base or will we see stationary ATSTS in the fest base and will we see parked cloudcars in nar shadda ?

only place i can think of offhand is the xwing alliance upgrade proj. but at the min they are only 30% done with that so u might have to wait a little while.....try the other lucas forums thou, as well as getting in touch with http://www.jediknightii.net and put an ad there or jk2files.com, do the same thing, try and get one of their moderators to let you post a main page ad or something, that will probably get some support in that regard.....im totally illiterate with regards to modeling and skinning et al. sorry i cant help ya and i hope you get people who can say the opposite of what im saying now.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember that Fest has a lot of canyons you can look down into, and they're always EMPTY! How dull. Could you add some of those never before seen walkers in JO going through a test run, blowing up a bunch of stuff. That would be really COOL to see. Also some other easter eggs in that level would be neat, Rail Detonator and other weapons from the newer games. Of course, they are unobtainable. I think little things like that really make the level. Seeing TIEs flying overhead Talay is a really good idea. They'd look real nice in Ramsees Hed as well. Also seeing Reelo Baruk in a secret area of Nar Shaddaa would be neat. I really wish I was a mapper so I could take part in the re-make of THE coolest video game starring Kyle Katarn.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Alex_P47

hey, I am the mapper for Robotics factory level and I think this ambiance you speak of is key to this mod. I hope to include tie fly overs and actual snow terrain on the ground.

Can you use reflective ice for some cliffs. You know, it is sort of a mirror so you can admire the great Kyle skin without typing in the code, thereisnospoon, thing.

i understand the whole "ambience" thing, like in Nar Shadaa in JO, and the first level of MoTS (which it was kinda fun to see if i could shoot the TIEs down), but i dont know. something like TIEs over Talay just doesnt seem to fit with me. however, i cant wait to see the wonderful dead bodies! :) maybe make some rise back up? :p

I'm planning to expand somewhat on the exterior sections of Ramsees Hed, with some possible ships flying around. But I'll try and finish the basic architecture before I even think about starting on that stuff...

But needless to say, there'll be quite a few upgrades in my level.

Archived