Home

An idea just popped up in my head...............

Guardian Omega

Which is better overall?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better overall?

• Promod!
    • 1.02!
    • None! They both stink ****!

Bah, The game is flawed as it is, I'm going on good faith that Raven truely did balance it more since 1.02, and that people are too stupid to see that...

ProMod, in my opinion, doesn't do much except add some spiffy meters to your screen, it's still a piece of cake to blue spam and win.. "Oh, but if they're expiereced with promod, blue spammers don't win" Yea, well, they don't win in un-modded JK2 againsted veteran players either

Originally posted by FatalStrike

Bah! 1.02 has the BEST offensive ability with the light saber. 1.04 offense is watered down CRAP!

ProMod has the Best defensive system to date.

Please read my ALL PROMOD FANS PLEASE READ to see my thoughts on why the two should be combined.

My opinion on the 1.02 stances if enough to make me not want to play that thing - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79426

Yeah, the 1.02 sabers give more damage, but at the same time is very unbalanced in regards to the stances, so I'd say it's up to people if they like the higher damage or the better stances.

Promod is cool, except I don't like having to face my opponent all the time - I like doing cool flips and twirls while still having my saber sharp and slashing him in the side...

Originally posted by cjais

I really can't see why 1.02 should be any more fun playing than 1.04

1.02 is...

Faster

has more viable offensive moves

less random factors

higher guns shots per ammo ratio

no moves that lock you in place, you retain control at all times

better medium stance

better blue stance

better red stance

stronger force powers

....only thing it lacked was defense

1.04 is better then 1.03 but still falls short of the pure gaming that came from 1.02. If you askme 1.04 is more of a "pretend your a real Jedi" then the pure quality game like 1.02.

My opinion on the 1.02 stances if enough to make me not want to play that thing - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79426

Yeah, the 1.02 sabers give more damage, but at the same time is very unbalanced in regards to the stances, so I'd say it's up to people if they like the higher damage or the better stances.

unbalanced? I can kill you using any stance in 1.02....its called practice.

Red is powerful but it has a HUGE disadvantage to Yellow if the yellow users took the time to learn it.

Promod is cool, except I don't like having to face my opponent all the time - I like doing cool flips and twirls while still having my saber sharp and slashing him in the side...

Yeah its so much more fun to act like a fool jumpin around with your back and side to an opponent :rolleyes:

the only reason you can pull this crap off is because of the auto blocking....which makes the gameplay stupid.

1.02 is...

Faster

has more viable offensive moves

less random factors

higher guns shots per ammo ratio

no moves that lock you in place, you retain control at all times

better medium stance

better blue stance

better red stance

stronger force powers

....only thing it lacked was defense

1.04 is better then 1.03 but still falls short of the pure gaming that came from 1.02. If you askme 1.04 is more of a "pretend your a real Jedi" then the pure quality game like 1.02.

-I don't find 1.02 faster in any way, just shorter duels.

-More viable offensive moves eh? You mean the guns are useful? or that you are forced to use red stance?

-Random factors: Can't see what the difference is here...

-Guns are probably more fun in 1.02 yeah....

-A turnable DFA invites spammage, which it did recieve.

-I'd say the stances are far worse in 1.02 - go see my thread as I don't feel like repeating it all here.

-The force powers are stronger in 1.02 I agree.

I assume you mean blocking with the "less defense" - I agree, but OTOH it has recieved too much blocking in 1.04 IMHO.

Bah! 1.02 has the BEST offensive ability with the light saber. 1.04 offense is watered down CRAP!

Shh, you don't know what you're yakking about. One can kill someone with one careful, well-placed hit in 1.04. Back in 1.02, one had to use a special combo or a DFA to get a one-hit kill, and there was less skill involved. So offence in 1.04 is more powerful, and frankly more involving. You persist in making wild claims about 1.04 that are completely unsubstantiated...

Yeah its so much more fun to act like a fool jumpin around with your back and side to an opponent :rolleyes:

the only reason you can pull this crap off is because of the auto blocking....which makes the gameplay stupid.

Don't assume I play that way, when in fact I don't. I'm one of those players that makes only the most neccesary rolls and jumps in a duel. I just happen to use techniques that requires me to turn the side to my opponent while my stretched out saber is taking the hits - With promod is just can't do the whole repetoire of my moves.

-I don't find 1.02 faster in any way, just shorter duels.

Your footspeed while swinging red and Yellow is faster...much faster. Your speed while moving backwards is faster. Overall this results in a consistant fast paced game without constant slow downs.

by the way this is FACT not opinion, so if you don't find it faster, then you are just plain WRONG.

-More viable offensive moves eh? You mean the guns are useful? or that you are forced to use red stance?

I can crush you in medium stance. Also you are forced to use Red in FFA. In Duels and CTF you don't rely on red stance if you value your life. FFA has always been a spam fest since the point of FFA is to rack up the most kills and not pretend you are a Jedi, it is by its very nature a "kill a as quick as you can" which means use your strongest weapon.

I will be gald to prove to you how dead you are using long swings in Duels and CTF if you like....only I don't need uber blocking and slow downs to kill you with medium :)

-

Random factors: Can't see what the difference is here...

The blocking in 1.04 is a random code. This is the main change provided by ProMod.

This is also FACT, not opinion. Its in the code itself.

-Guns are probably more fun in 1.02 yeah....

Yup :)

-A turnable DFA invites spammage, which it did recieve.

Only in FFA which I explained earlier. BTW I am willing to bet you couldn't land 1 out of 20 DFA's on me in a duel in 1.02. Heck I will even give you 30 free trys in a small map......its called practice

-I'd say the stances are far worse in 1.02 - go see my thread as I don't feel like repeating it all here.

Bah! no need, you have shown to have very little knowledge of 1.02. If you think red is so superior you are obviously not a good 1.02 player, thus your opinions of its fighting system mean little to me.

-The force powers are stronger in 1.02 I agree.

yup :)

I assume you mean blocking with the "less defense" - I agree, but OTOH it has recieved too much blocking in 1.04 IMHO.

yup :)

Don't assume I play that way, when in fact I don't. I'm one of those players that makes only the most neccesary rolls and jumps in a duel. I just happen to use techniques that requires me to turn the side to my opponent while my stretched out saber is taking the hits - With promod is just can't do the whole repetoire of my moves.

:disaprove :disaprove :disaprove

even in plain boring ol' 1.04 landing hit when your saber is all the way to your side does little or know damage. This change came about in 1.03. Only hits in the center of their arc do max damage, the further away from center the less damage they do....much like ProMod.

Also you shouldn't be able to block on your side and rear....its just plain dumb. But it does help the noobs live a little longer so I guess its all worth it :rolleyes:

Originally posted by zerowingzero

What is with everyone and assuming you have to face your opponent?

The CSC does NOT effect damage, and there are other things involved, like movement.

And when was the last time someone got a kill while in a backflip? runing up a wall? runing sideways? demos please.

its obvious that many people are posting without knowing what they are talking about ZWZ.

It would be nice if they could get good at something before they start explaining what is good and bad about it.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Shh, you don't know what you're yakking about. One can kill someone with one careful, well-placed hit in 1.04. Back in 1.02, one had to use a special combo or a DFA to get a one-hit kill, and there was less skill involved. So offence in 1.04 is more powerful, and frankly more involving. You persist in making wild claims about 1.04 that are completely unsubstantiated...

yes they are all wild claims....I must have imagined the fact that Raven toned down the offense :rolleyes:

You used to make valid arguments, now you just flame away, please save your snide remarks for someone who respects you enough to care.

You used to make valid arguments, now you just flame away

Oh please, save that cheap ploy for someone with a vulnerable self-image. 1.04 offence is so obviously not toned down. What in blue-blazes makes you think it's toned down? Hmm? Do the words "one-hit-kill in 1.04" mean nothing to you? Tch'ah, it's like talking to a brick wall. If you have problems getting your attacks to hit, it's either you or your ping that's stopping you. It ain't the version number. :rolleyes:

As for snide, nonsense. I'm quite open about my contempt for whining. :D

Originally posted by Spider AL

Oh please, save that cheap ploy for someone with a vulnerable self-image. 1.04 offence is so obviously not toned down. What in blue-blazes makes you think it's toned down? Hmm? Do the words "one-hit-kill in 1.04" mean nothing to you? Tch'ah, it's like talking to a brick wall. If you have problems getting your attacks to hit, it's either you or your ping that's stopping you. It ain't the version number. :rolleyes:

As for snide, nonsense. I'm quite open about my contempt for whining. :D

"one-hit-kill in 1.04" is the best you can come up with? Ok have it your way, I counter your argument with the fact that ALL the saber stances were either slowed down or weakened. Footspeed is slower all way around and special moves and force powers have been weakened.

Toned Down

adj : made less strong or severe

So you see if force powers, special attacks, and saber speed and strength have all been weakened then they were by deffinition "toned down."

Back to your Craftmatic adjustable bed old man!

*shouts for a nurse to help Spider back to bed*

FFA has always been a spam fest since the point of FFA is to rack up the most kills and not pretend you are a Jedi, it is by its very nature a "kill a as quick as you can" which means use your strongest weapon.

Never were more truer words spoken!

That's what Deathmatch has always been about. It's not the same as dueling. If you don't like it, play something else! That seems to be the problem here.... sabers have become optimized-for-dueling weapons in 1.04, rather than the spam-happy DM/CTF-friendly weapons they were previously. I guess its time for server admins to learn their console commands and cfg switches to sort that stuff out....

Interesting debate. I guess a lot of it is based on what people "like" and "want" and other subjective things, but let's conduct ourselves without the petty personal flames, okay?

Thanks.

Archived