Home

Im 18 and im makin Squall Leonheart..

Double_S84

The kingly MIDGET YODA has 3 new pics and he will post em tommorow.

Also he will do the back breakin labor of gettin this model in game.

Chrono good news for you. I think im gonna have to model him some new arms. Argh woooooooo is me.''

liiL keep on rockin on.

PS. Post stuff people. I shouldnt have to bump so much

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking for pics, Double. However, I can't believe you started the project without a good amount of reference pics. There's an old saying... "Proper planning prevents poor performance." ;)

I will continue to look for pics, but don't depend on others for assistance - after all, this is *your* project.

-Anakin

Heres a pic of him. Ill look for a better onehttp://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1485531&object_id=16467&channel_id=70&page_title=Kingdom+Hearts&adString=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2viewer&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fps2.ign.com%2Fobjects%2F016%2F016467.html

Sorry ive been away people. But no use in postin ne new pics. Im workiin on the uv wrappin thingy. I have no idea were to start sooooooo im lookin for some tuts. If you have one or know were one is please let me know.

Chrono is it up to you standards? Gonna make the gun blade?

Hey guys, sorry I've been gone I've been playing KH. But you don't need ref pics. All you do is go into Kingdom Hearts, press start to go to the menu, then go to journal, then to characters, then characters 1, then to Leon, then press triangle, then you will get a full view of him, you can use the right analog stick to rotate him however you want, so you can see every possible angle!

Here i can get you a quick start.

Here is a typical modifier stack

Unwrap

editable mesh

uvw map

mesh select

uvw map

mesh select

editable mesh

Now you editable mesh is baiscially what you worked with when move poly's and verts around. The mesh select is to seperate a bunch of polys. The you add a Planar uvw map. I would say about 200*200. This will ensure that "everything" will fit in the unwrap window. Then repeat this process.

The new editable mesh is laid down so you don't have to collapse the stack. Then in the unwrap window, everything will magically appear.

after each modifer you can add a unwrap modifer, to adjust each level as you go. Which can be quite benefical for most areas.

Sam im workin on gettin him in game so the next update you see is gonna be a link for the skin or a link for the download.

Thanks vertex but i dont have a clue what you said. Im not to keen on the modeling lingo. If ya catch my meaning.

I need a link to t tutorial.

There is no one tutorial that will fully example the uv mapping process. If you type in the words "UVW MAX" you probably get some good documentation. I think you might wanna try a search at 3dbuzz.com

I will try to example this process a bit further for you. In max and gmax what ever you apply to your model gets thrown to a modifier stack. Your first modifier will probably be editable mesh. You'll have a modifier pull down. The only modifiers you'll need are the UVW map modifier, Unwrap and Edit mesh.

Lets say your working on a torso. Select all the front of the torso. Grab a UVW map modifier, and set a planar map. I like to use dimensions of 200*200, casue you gives you a lot of room to work with. Apply a unwrap modifier. Now you have the option to edit. You'll be in a new floating window, I usually like to scale the mesh up just a bit.

Now you repeat the process one more time. Then apply an edit mesh. Then a UVW unwrap, this will bring everything togther similar to collapsing your stack.

A great tutorial is the wolfsblade tut. I think the url is http://www.wolfsblade.com

Just lettin everyone know im still alive and the model is kickin. HEHE. No but really im havin program problems. Milkshaoe expires in two days and gmax cant ghet ne moodels into it. Both my 3dsmax 4 and 5 have errors when i try to install em. So this could take awhile. Wish me luck:confused:

Archived