Home

I'm looking for a generous person with 3dsm as a modeling helper(possiblereward).....

Matt-Liell

if u have 3dsm and u r willing to help me in persuing my skinning and modeling goals please post here! I'm thinking of getting milkshape but u can only export the model as md3 files wich arent compatible with j2k. also i have some modlelers working with me with the same problem. it wouldnt be hard at all, i would just occasionally (maybe 1 or twice a month) send u a md3 to convert to a glm file so i could skin it and put it in jk2. THANKS EVERYBODY WHO CAN HELP!:) JUST POST HERE IF U CAN HELP!

(i could possibly send u a skin as thanks!)

first of all, if your just starting modeling, Rhinoceros is the best thing to use. 3ds max is one of the hardest programs out there, next to Maya (which i use).

and Milkshape CAN export into glm. i've done it multiple times, and so have all modelers.

on the offical sites of Milkshape and Rhino, you can download trial versions. Milkshape only works for 32 days and Rhino only gives you 25 saves. Maya has no trial version, you have to pay the $6,800 for it. or get it another way ;) . well just leave it at that, so that i dont get introuble

The SDK comes with something to convert md3 to glm. MD3View is what it is called. Just open the program. Load the model then the skin. And hit export to glm.

It works for hilts, but a character model is a bit more complicated than that.

The easy way is 3D studio max 4.x with the xsi plugin.

Originally posted by yadu

ya but dont u have to buy that? and isnt it alot!

Why, yes... yes it is.

Quick Question to anyone who will answer it:

Are there tutorials for making models in gmax SPECIFICALLY for JK@. If so whee can I find them... I have searched most places I know to look and haven't found anything specific.

Quicker Question: Are there plugins available for gmax (like the xsi plugin for max 4) that would help the process?

Final Question: Is it even possible to make jk2 models in gmax?

Archived