Home

Player models with Milkshape 3d?

Madjai

ok i want the final word on this, its been asked many times and ive heard different things about it so i want to give out the correct information. Can you get a player model ingame using only Milkshape3d as the modeling program? if so, are there are tutorials on how to do this? if so, are there are problems or do the models work just as good as if they were made in, say, 3dsmax?

Originally posted by Darth Vigrid

Might as well tell people it's not possible. Even if it is, there is no way to get an accurate weighting using Milkshape. I don't know why anybody even uses it when they can get gmax for free.

Darth Vigrid, I have a question for you. Can I use only gmax for the whole process of create a jk2 model? I mean, if I started from scratch, can I use gmax as the modeling tool?, and then, How can I get the model in game?

If you know the answers, please reply.

Thanks

Sure, you can use G-Max to create the model, however, the only known way to get a model in-game is by using 3d studio Max, as it's the only program raven supported with a xsi importer/exporter. So you'll have to hand off your model to somebody else with 3ds max to get it in-game.

Thanks Vigrid...

I'm a newbie in modeling, but Iike to think that I have the patience required for the arduous job of modeling.

Another question... If I use gmax, can I make all the model's issues like weighting and UV Mapping, and just need 3dsmax for put the model in game?

btw, thanks again for reply

Great!

Thanks for all your help. I should be very much grateful if you can export the MS3d skeleton to gmax.

my email is stated in my profile.

EDIT: I don't have Milkshape installed in my personal computer, so If you really can do this for me, thanks in advance

Archived