Home

How do you bind??

Arreat

im not quite sure what u mean but i hope u mean to bind a key to a function??????????? if so here is how u do it (this is just an example) open console and type /bind M to jetpack (remember this is jest an example so to clear it up /bind <key> [function] but replace those 2 thinkgs with what u want.

Originally posted by thehomicidalegg

more complicated, u can bind bu using

set [name] "[function]"

bind [key] "vstr [name]"

the first part can be repeated and sub divided many times so that you can bind much more complicated scripts and/or multiple tasks to one key.

so i have to type in da quotations and da brackets?

I understand how you bind functions to keys, but I would like to find out if you can save the new bindlist. I bind functions to various keys, but the next time I start the game they are all reset.

Two more things:

-when serving a multiplayer game, how did enable the AM CMDs?

-and how do you knock someone over in a duel?

you can bind many differnt things including saying stuff or changing characters to bind some thing type in

bind # then the comand

for example bind m say lol to bind sit in jedi mod just type bind # sit for jedi mod theres no /

#= any key on the keyboard

I understand how you bind functions to keys, but I would like to find out if you can save the new bindlist. I bind functions to various keys, but the next time I start the game they are all reset.

you can put specific binds in a cfg file. to create a .cfg file, you type your binds in a txt file by using notepad, then instead of saving it as a text file, change the tab to all files and change the extension to .cfg. place this in the base folder and you can execute the config by typing exec [configname.cfg] in game.

you can also create an autoexec.cfg which will load everytime the game loads. you can bind other cfgs to the autoexec.cfg, ie. bind f1 "exec light.cfg"

bind f2 "exec dark.cfg"

if you hit f1 in game, you will load the light.cfg, if you press f2, you will execute dark.cfg (assuming you have those configs)

jeeze u guys are confusing me :S ok so i just type bind f1(key) then the cmd. like /sit????

when you bind something you can discard the "/" in front of the command. So it would be: bind f1 "sit"

there's a thread devoted to this if you have questions check it out first: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63735

Originally posted by Myonta

Two more things:

-when serving a multiplayer game, how did enable the AM CMDs?

-and how do you knock someone over in a duel?

To enable AM commands you need the administrator mod (I think).

Archived