Home

How do I make something invisible?

SettingShadow

extract all the files to the rocket launcher and pak them up into your own pk3 like you would a model i guess. then just deliberately rename the jpg that has the texture/skin for it so the game can't find it; then it should be invisible; i did this for an npc, not sure if it will work on a model

Here's another way...

If the rocket launcher is a separate mesh, u can create new .skin and .surf files to hide it.

assuming the rocket is a separate mesh:

all you have to do is create a .surf file and tell the game to hide this part of the model.

surfOff "torso_rocket"

when ingame just type jango/norocket or whatever you called your new .skin and .surf files.

in this case the skin and surf files would be called:

"model_norocket.skin" "model_norocket.surf"

If the rocket wasnt meant to be removable, youll probably see a big hole in his back...

Hope this helps

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

Here's another way...

If the rocket launcher is a separate mesh, u can create new .skin and .surf files to hide it.

assuming the rocket is a separate mesh:

all you have to do is create a .surf file and tell the game to hide this part of the model.

surfOff "torso_rocket"

when ingame just type jango/norocket or whatever you called your new .skin and .surf files.

in this case the skin and surf files would be called:

"model_norocket.skin" "model_norocket.surf"

If the rocket wasnt meant to be removable, youll probably see a big hole in his back...

Hope this helps

Uhm I think you missunderstod me, I dont wanna make Jango or Boba Fett´s rocket invisible, I want to make the rocket launcher (weapon 9) invisible, so theres nothing the rocket comes from when you shot!

Archived