Jump to content

Home

how to make avs with animation


-s/<itzo-
 Share

Recommended Posts

this question has been ask a million times. i don't want to keep repeating myself everytime someone asks so i decided to create a thread to explain how to do this. sivy b taught me in the past and now i will spread my knowledge to all of you guys that don't know how.

 

it's really quite easy, first you need a good gif making program, like movie gear (http://www.moviegear.com it's a 30 day trial). you play with quicktime and when you see a scene you like, press the print screen key and then paste it into paint or whatever you use. then go back to the trailer and advance frame by frame, and paste each of them into paint, make sure you crop them all the same size. then load them into your gif making program, resize it and save as gif. if you need to reduce the size then you can reduce the number of colors, see if there are any frames that you can delete without effecting the animation and also most gif making programs have an optimize option that will reduce the size also.

 

it's going to be hard at first but you will get the hang of it and you'll find it really easy. so look for scenes thats unique and just have fun with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by yadu

how do u open a trailer in quicktime? i tried and it uses quicktime but i goes off the site and u cant do save screen or anything like that. or is the save screen your talking about a key on the keyboard? please help!

 

You can't capture screens from a web file with PrntScreen. Nor can you do it with any screen capture program i've tried. The only thing I've found that works is to download the movie/trailer/clip somehow and once I've downloaded it, play it in QT and PrntScreen from there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by yadu

how would u download a trailer from for example the star wars website?

 

I've tried many different ways to get it from starwars.com... they just won't let you. You have to find it on another site or with a file sharing program like KaZaA or something.

 

-Anakin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by yadu

how would u download a trailer from for example the star wars website?

 

you have to register and then you ca have access of any videos available there. Kazaa is also a good source of videos. by the way your av is looking good. how many frames do you have in it??? it looks too fast add some more frames or slow down the speed.

 

 

$am i'm glad i can help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by LBuRNa

 

you have to register and then you ca have access of any videos available there. Kazaa is also a good source of videos. by the way your av is looking good. how many frames do you have in it??? it looks too fast add some more frames or slow down the speed.

 

 

$am i'm glad i can help.

 

I'm registered at starwars.com and I can't download the movies. I can watch them with QT but I can't download them. I think you have to download them from somewhere else.

 

-Anakin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i didn't kow what you meant by that at first. if you mean you can't save it, then no you can't. but why do you need to, as long as you can watch it and put each frame in movie gear you can just crop them as if it was a fullscreen video. plus the quality of the videos is good so you really can't tell the difference if you got it from a fullcreen video or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by LBuRNa

i didn't kow what you meant by that at first. if you mean you can't save it, then no you can't. but why do you need to, as long as you can watch it and put each frame in movie gear you can just crop them as if it was a fullscreen video. plus the quality of the videos is good so you really can't tell the difference if you got it from a fullcreen video or not.

 

What I mean is by hitting PrintScrn it doesn't give me an image I can work with. That is to say I get only a black rectangle that is the exact dimensions of the frame i'm trying to capture. I've also tried several different screen capturing programs with no success. The only solution for me has been to find somewhere to download it and then open it up from my comp, not the net.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i know exactly what you are talking about. when you paste it to paint (or whatever you use) you just see a blank image, right. that use to happen to me before.

 

ok i found out how to solve that problem. everytime you get a video that doesn't let you save it, try this method.

 

first open any video with quicktime. and then open the video you want from the site with a new player. then now you can press the printscrn button and hopefully it'll show up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

first thing yo do, open a video (any video you have in your comp) with quicktime. let it pay for a sec. stop it if you want to but don't exit out. minimize it.

 

then go to the site and open the video file that you want. go to the scene that you want. pause it and then hit the printscreen key. now you can paste it to paint and the image should be there.

 

i don't know why but it works. i use to have the same problem when i started making avs and i found out about this method and it worked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by LBuRNa

first thing yo do, open a video (any video you have in your comp) with quicktime. let it pay for a sec. stop it if you want to but don't exit out. minimize it.

 

then go to the site and open the video file that you want. go to the scene that you want. pause it and then hit the printscreen key. now you can paste it to paint and the image should be there.

 

i don't know why but it works. i use to have the same problem when i started making avs and i found out about this method and it worked.

 

Really? I'll see if that works. If it does you just saved me a ton of time and trouble.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it didnt work, ill tell u what i did. i went to starwars.com loaded a movie. opened a movie in quicktime and stopped it. went to the scene i wanted on the trailer on sw.com and went back into quicktime and pressed copy, and i pasted it into PSP7, but it gave me a scene from another movie! HELP!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

a good program for this (the one i use) is ulead gif animator you load any of the movies you want and then pic the frames you want and delete all the others you don't want and wala you got a gif. you can also resize the images and everthing it's the best program i've used for this job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...