Home

WIP Episode I Obi-Wan by Tex360, Arco, NeoMarz1, and Myself

Toonces

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Grafox

Garik, pppplleeeeeease add some shading to his hair, it looks so monochromatic as it is now.

Otherwise, superb skin.

Hm, you could be right. I've made it on another computer, but now that I'm home again I see that my monitor has different color settings, not so dark, and yes, it IS too monochromatic.

I'll change that.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

can somebody tell me what i need to put in the .surf file for the sith obi cuz i wanna take off the robe. but i dont know what to call the .surf should it just be ep1_obi_sith or what?

The file has to be named exactly like the .skin file, so in your case it's model_default_sith.surf

And you only have to add one line into the file:

surfOff "robe torso_robe"

This will remove the robe in the game for the sith obi.

Originally posted by boinga1

...and just for the record, despite what comics show, I really don't think Palpatine :lightning would be a blonde.

Could be, but remember, that's just a clone with palpatines spirit. Maybe it isn't a clone of himself, or maybe the growing process changes his genetics or something.

I know it's just comics, but on every pic I saw his skin was bronze, not flesh color, so this could be the deal.

Well, it's impossible to darken just the parts under his chin, because of the model. If you make some parts dark you get some form like moons and triangles.

So I think I'm gonna keep it the way it is.

I redid the hairpart, not as shiny as you did, but I think it looks more realistic now.

I also added some shadow to forehead, so his hair looks more like the one on the picture.

young_emp4.jpg

And IMO it looks more like natural blonde now, not like mine before.

That is much better shading than the origional. Just as a suggestion, since the hair line isn't exactly the same as the pictures, why not make the shadows on his forhead rounded to match with the hairline of the model. Even though the clone emperor had a widow's peak, it is kinda strange seeing someone with a widow's peak shadow, without the widow's peak. Just a suggestion that may look better.:)

Archived