Home

|SK| Clan Recruiting.

Hekx

Hello all.

Knights of the Saber / Saberist Knights are currently recruiting new members.

We are a saber-only clan, with dark and light jedi ranks.

We accept all ages, all skills and all allignments.

We're lightly into RPing. (Playing as our created characters in MP)

The clan server should be up soon.

When we get enough members we'll start competing against other clans in tournaments and in friendly matches.

You can be apart of another clan aswell as |SK| :p

The clan tags, as stated on the site, are |SK| (Currently green)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me.

If you would like to join; fill out the application form on the site.

The website is http://www.saberist.idz.net and the forums will be up shortly.

Thank you. :)

Just a little update;

Server should be up soon.

Forums are down for a while.

The site is under construction; still needs a few more pieces here and there. If there's any members of the JK2 community who would like to help train others, feel free to join :)

If there's any clans that would like to be allies, post a reply here :)

Cheers :p

Just a quick update; the ranks have changed now. We're currently concentrating more on saber skills and saber-only combat. So members can either use darkside or lightside, but there's one set of ranks for all. The idea of being able to use either has arose, and is still in discussion.

You can see the updated ranks here

Thanks for all the people who've filled out an application :)

Hopefully we'll have the server up shortly so we can see what rank your skills fit.

Cheers ;)

Good news! The dedicated server is up and working.

Thanks go to Lord Mandrake for hosting it :)

The server is currently set on FFA with a few custom maps. I'll list all the files which are on the server on a seperate section of the site.

The site still works at: http://www.saberist.idz.net

But also you can use: http://saberist.no-ip.com

Both go to the same, use which either is fastest :)

There's new forums (which are currently blank) so could members sign up if they have the time. Thanks :D

The server IP is: 62.251.67.40:10001

Hopefully now we can see which ranks match the members skills so we can start having regular training and get into some clan matches. ;)

Ok. First of all are u guys REALLY good and do training? Cause if you are I might join just to become better at my saber skills. Who knows, I might even stay if I like it, but that wouldn't mean I'm gonna stop being the leader of my clan.

BTW:Could ya check my Server.cfg thread? I still need help with it.

Forgot to ask: How do I join?

Hello :)

I've been playing saber-only CTF online every day for a few months, so I'm not that bad :)

Feel free to join to practice saber skills, we concentrate more on saber-only combat that using the force.

To join; fill out an application form on the site on the left under 'Join'

The site address is: http://saberist.no-ip.com

I'll check the server.cfg thread now :p

In your setup, change allowdownloads to "no", this should resolve your problem with the jedicouncil map, this is because the server doesn't allow downloads, and it doesn't check if you already have the map or not.

We're working on this, there will be a page on the website, dedicated to all maps and models etc that the server runs, so everytime a map or model is added, you can find it there.

Hope this helps you out :D

There's now a page on the site, under 'Files' on the left, which should list all the files that are on the pure server. So if you need a map, the links should be on the page. :)

Also thanks to Lord Mandrake we have a server status page (JediLive) which shows who's on the server, the map and other information. It's reachable through 'Server' on the left nav bar. Thanks :)

All applicants need to be tested to see which rank of the clan they are at skill-wise. The highest obtainable rank for an Initiate is a Knight. To be a Master you must train a Padawan / Apprentice, similar to the SW universe.

Hopefully soon, when I have the Council assembled, we can begin testing applicants and begin training for some clan matches.

As for the colours in names, check out the tag information on the vB code page :)

<--- That should do the green colour tags of the clan similar to my sig.

An update about the server:

The current mod on the server is Vulcanis Admin Mod 2, you don't need to download it as it's a server-side modification. The server is password protected and no longer pure. If anyone would like to train on the server, please contact either me or Lord Mandrake and we will tell you the password to access the server.

Hopefully this time the server won't be filled with non-members :D

Other mods currently in testing include ProMod and JediMod 1.2. Hopefully we can now arrange a meeting and some general training sessions.

The new server IP is 62.251.67.40:10001

Could all members / applicants sign up on the forums.

The password is now stated in the 'News' forums, aswells as announcements and useful information.

The server is back to JediMod 1.2, back by popular demand :p

If you play on a custom map, yes the bots have rocket jump. :)

After sorting out people's ranks, I'll be forming the council and arranging some practice sessions and clan matches.

The server is open to all members and applicants who wish to train.

Cheers :D

Archived