Home

lava texture?

derbra1513

hi all! i know ive been a ltl pest with all these threads but hopefuly this will be my last 1. i need a lava texture bad i know there is one in imp_mine but that acts like a solid and doest glow? is there a program i DL to make it act as lava or do u have 1 let me know thnx

Originally posted by derbra1513

hi all! i know ive been a ltl pest with all these threads but hopefuly this will be my last 1. i need a lava texture bad i know there is one in imp_mine but that acts like a solid and doest glow? is there a program i DL to make it act as lava or do u have 1 let me know thnx

It acts like a solid due to the way you're making the brush, most likely. You should be using system/caulknonsolid or system/nodraw to make the brush where you want the lava to be, and then texture the TOP and BOTTOM of the brush ONLY. This will make it not act like a solid. As for the glow... I don't know of any shader or texture that glows per se...

Actually it acts like a solid because it's not a shader. I figured this out the hard way. There is a slime texture that looks exactly the same (it's just a different color) that could be altered to make it look like lava.

But you'd need to ask someone in here knowledgable about editing shaders on how to do it.

There is a lava shader that is fluid when you apply it to a brush. Load up imp_mine and then type in "lava". Make sure you have the shader box checked, and then a little box should show up that says "Lava" above it. It isn't light emitting..so you can do one of three things. One, Learn how to edit the shader yourself, Two, ask someone to help you with it, or Three, put lights over the lava and that will light it up well enough. If you're only doing a small area of lava, then a light or two should do fine. I hope this helps.

SunBurN

Sun Burn i have to say my idea sordove came from your map i was so pleased with it i wanted to make it something like yours obviously not as impresive but im amazed. How did you get your lava like that, that is how i want mine to look like?

;) awsome work man ;)

• 11 months later...

lol heya guys... i know i am replying to a thread created a long time a go, but i didn't think my lil question verified creating a new thread,

What is the diffrence between these four textures/shaders

Chaulk

Chaulk nonsolid

nodraw

nodraw solid

Shoulda created a new thead. :)

Caulk and caulk_nonsolid are for putting on unseen surfaces of 90% of the brushes in a map. the _nonsolid one is exactly that...any brush it's put on will end up nonsolid.

Nodraw and nodraw_solid (note that nodraw is not solid, nodraw_solid is) are for putting on the untextures surfaces of brushes that have transluscent or transparent faces. Holographic ads, glass, water, light beams, etc should have nodraw.

Archived