Home

Making a PK3....

KirKanos

First you need a pk3-making tool.

I don't know where I got mine, but perhaps someone else would be kind enough to give you a link.

Second, you put all of you files into the pk3 file, using correct directory structure.

Third, give it a name, put it(along with a readme) into a .zip file, and send it off to all the sites.

If you have anymore questions, post them and I'd be glad to help you out!

you see I am trying to make this music changeV5 work, here are the instructions so you guys know where I am comming from:

Description: a mod that allows you to change music tracks in SP AND MP! :custom music track walkthrough included!

:now allows all single player tracks to play without editing.

:just press 'u' to switch tracks.

:To install this mod, just place 'music_change.cfg' in your :Gamedata/base folder.

:info on using custom tracks is in the .cfg.

:thanks for downloading!

:email me at SamuelDravis@hotmail.com

Comments :

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR

LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS

ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.

TO INSTALL: unzip to your gamedata/base folder

to tweak:

1)create a new folder in C.

2)name it music (lowercase)

3)place all the music files in there that you want.

4) compress the folder 'music' into a pk3

5)move the pk3 to your gamedata/base folder.

6) you should be able to use the music files now with the thing i showed before.

7) to edit the mod properly, you have to change the following properties. here is a test segment to show how

set music_change_05 "music music/d2_04; prv_music vstr music_change_04; echo music_change; set music_change vstr music_change_06"

Has anyone gotten this to work? To make the music PK3 I was planning on getting about 5 mp3's then follow the instructions emon gave me to cgange the zip into a pk3. After that i should be able to throw the PK3 into the base folder and the script then run the game exec the cript and use m to change tracks.

If it dosent work I will let you guys know, and THANKS for all the help! ;)

Seth Urban

USMC

Archived