Home

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

-Tercero-

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? holy crap i am not trying to be "high and mighty", editing sounds IS easy but since they are already done i don't see the point in someone wasting their time doing the same ones, do you? You guys can go ahead and make all the sounds you want i could care less, but you should at least try to find some that haven't been done yet thats all i'm saying.

Please stop fighting.

The way that I see it, everyone has a different take on everything.

Let me tell you a little story...

Two artists were sat down a table and an apple was placed between them. Each artist was told to draw what the other one saw. When they finished their pictures they were instructed to show eachother what they had drawn. When the pictures were revealed, both artists looked at eachother in bewilderment. One had drawn a ripe, appetizing apple, and the other had drawn a rotten, disgusting one. What the artists didn't realize was that each one was looking at a different side of the same apple. Half of the apple was rotted away, but the other side was shiny and new. Both had drawn what they thought that the other was seeing based on their own perceptions, not realizing that they weren't seeing the same thing at all.

You see, no two works are the same. Each has it's own merits and downfalls. Before you criticize the work, or merit thereof, of another, try to learn from it - draw from their strengths.

I started my Anakin model while I knew there was another work in progress. I didn't start it because I thought mine would be better - I started it because I thought it would be different. I would have a different take on it than everyone else, so while an Anakin model was being made, my Anakin wasn't. Likewise, I am very anxious to see the model that Vahl is working on released. I guess I'm just saying that we shouldn't cause a fuss over someone doing what has been done before. In a way, that's exactly what this model is. It's not the first of it's kind, and I definitley hope that it will not be the last.

Alright then i respect your opinion Tercero, post up as many sounds as you want guys i won't say anything more about it. Maybe they will sound better/different than mine even if they are the same clips, though i still highly doubt that since we all appear to have the same audio sources in the first place.

but by all means, knock your socks off.

Originally posted by Kevlar

pissed detox off.... link removed. :(

You didn't piss me off, put the link back up and keep editing your sounds. I was wrong to think nobody could do any better than me because i don't know that for sure, afterall we want this model to sound as good as possible.

First off let me say kudos to Toonces for getting this sucker weighed down properly (btw Toonces if you want to send me the new palp model with sounds and new shader, I would love to see him ingame)

Now as for the Taunts....JediMod allows you to create many taunts. why not have everyone who wants to create a bunch of high quality taunts and and contribute to this awesome project

and Tercero....what can I say. You're good at what you do and you seem to love what you do... keep up the great work..maybe Raven could use a good modeller/skinner like you

Originally posted by §ith Lord

Now as for the Taunts....JediMod allows you to create many taunts. why not have everyone who wants to create a bunch of high quality taunts and and contribute to this awesome project

Yep thats exactly why i did 3 taunts, unfortunetly that was all i could come up with. Anakin doesn't have too many lines in the movie that are suitable for taunts (i listened to all his lines carefully). BUT that doesn't mean someone else couldn't come up with something i missed or didn't think of. Or howbout this? maybe someone could rent Hayden Christensens other movies and see if they could pull some useful lines from those? not sure if his voice sounds the same or not but could be worth a try. :)

Here it is...boomspeed finally let me log in and I got the pic posted. Here's your friendly neighborhood homemade(by who? I can't remember) sith Anakin. (with a lightsaber blade which I just had to edit over...i edited over every lightsaber blade which I had a pic of...I got sick of seeing standard solid colored ones.)

http://www.boomspeed.com/lordtnuc/SithAnakin.jpg

That sith anakin does look pretty cool - I could probably make it without too much difficulty with the cloak that I'm going to make and a bit of reskinning. As far as the disappearing lightsaber model - that would be really sweet, but I don't know if it could be done within the game's engine.

Oh, Toonces - I couldn't get the .glm to load, but I'm almost certain that it's something on my end... I'll try and figure it out sometime today.

There's a really cool Sith Anakin in the Art Of Ep2 Book where he's Sooooo evil that he wear an all white outfit (Inspired by Laurence of Arabia the caption said). I think there were some other interesting variations in there - possible skin pack?

Monsoontide.

On a side note SunBurN is working on a map of the 'Last Duel' area between Obi and Ani for Ep3 - Lots of Lava and stuff - inspired by Ralph McQuarries original artwork for the Emperor's throne room - Might be a suitable place for the Anakin model to battle... Now if only there was a decent Obi model.

Perhaps this one is going to be much like the Battle Of Geonosis Padme? The one with cape...no tear on her shirt...and then the other with the tear, and no cape? When I say this, I mean will the black clad Anakin be a seperate model or will it be something like the Cheshire_Vader, where you type something in and boom.

Anakin should have more costumes than any character to date. So far in the plans are:

Default - as seen for most of Episode II

Robed - same as default, but wearing a robe

Jedi Vestments - same as default, minus the leather tabbards

Jedi Vestments Robed - same as above, but wearing a robe

Thousand Moons - in his garb from the arrival on Tatooine

Thousand Moons Robed - with the white poncho

Black - same as the default, but with black robes instead of brown

Black Robed - same as above, but wearing a black robe.

Padawan - wearing colors similar to those worn at the end of Ep I

*Tunic - wearing his tunic, like in the scene from Ep II with Padme

*the tunic skin might take some extra modeling, so it'll probably be released at a later date.

I plan to release the default the moment that it is finished, and then put everything else into a huge update when I finish all the additional skins. The initial release should still include the Black, Padawan, and Jedi Vestments skins, though! The rest will be released later, because I can't see people waiting on additional skins when the model's ready to print, but the three I just listed above are pretty much palette conversions, so they should go quickly.

Oh, almost forgot to mention (Jessman reminded me with his post) - I'll be releasing the work files when I get the model finalized so that people can start skinning before it's released. As far as his robes, I'm planning on including the skins that I'm doing the palette conversions from to help speed along the process. There'll also probably be flags in the finished product to turn the braid and tail on and off, so he should be pretty easy to work with!

Archived