Home

Is there a way to pause the game and remain INGAME in SP?

Datheus

I've been trying to figure out a way to pause the game (ie, hault ALL movement in it;s position).

I'm pretty sure the cvar cl_paused is the cvar that controls this. The problem is, it's read only:mad:

sooo, I'm not able to toggle the pause-ness/unpaused-ness of the game without going to the menu.

That's EXACTLY what I don't want. If I pause the game I want to be able to stop all motion, like when you hit the ESC key, but I don't want to go to the menu, I want to continue being able to see Kyle....

Any ideas?

Yea, that's what I mean.... The game freezes like when you pause it in MP when playing bots... But I don't want menus to show up...

There's got to be SOME way to do this... because it pauses when you go into the menu, you just can't see the game...

Maybe if I go in and change it, so that when it tries to load the menu, it isn't there... thusly, it won't load, leaving me with a paused game... or something like that

Either way, I think it would take some modding... anyone willing to help? :)

I don't think the sp source would be needed... I mean, it's basically just telling to game to point itself in another direction when looking for something... or something to that effect...

Archived