Home

Monkey 2 Hint book

netmonkey

Sigh... I know the secret of monkey island, I just wanna see how they tackled the ending on the walkthrough in the official hintbook...

What do you mean? What they say on how to defeat LeChuck and what order to do it in? Or do you mean how they explain what the ending means with the whole Guybrush being a kid? Because it won't say anything about that, and I know that for a fact, because I have the book.

Hint books don’t just contain hints. Usually they have loads of stuff about items and characters, as well as secret behind the scenes stuff.

Yeah, I remember mine said something like a list of the items and what they do and about the characters and it showed the maps, too. I can't really remember because I don't know where it is now. I do remember that it was printed in light blue, though. Smart idea. Then you can't copy it. Well, with a copy machine, that is.

I have the hintbook for monkey island 1, and toward the end there is a walkthrough entitled "The Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood: The Monkey Island™ Years". The last section has something interesting that reveals that there will be a sequel:

(From "Epiloge: In which I mull over what has already occured")

"There seems nothing left for me (Guybrush) to do. I could very well live out the rest of my life in perfect serenity and contentedness.

Except, one thing keeps bothering me.

I never did discover the Secret of Monkey Island™..."

I was just wondering if the monkey island 2 walkthrough has some sort of epilogue.. and I'd like to read it.

Hmmm, that seems like it could be taken as a joke rather than a hint that there's a sequel in the pipeline (although I can see that too).

I wonder if LEC still sell the hint book on their site? The Last Crusade one is actually pretty excellent... I only read it after I'd made my huge guide to the game, but it's nice to see the bits I'd missed!

~ John

Archived