Home

Mod I would love to make, but have sum ?'s about

DarthDarth

First off sorry for the long Subject line.....

And heres my story. My friends and I run a JK2 RPG group and would love to make an RPG mod. After going over what we want in it I was choosen to make it (As I know the most coding, HTML lol)

Not only would it be helpful to provide me with some tips to even start editing the source I would like to know if these things where possible.

-If possilbe I want to base this off from the JediMod 1.2 source, also I would like to add the JetPack with limits like forcmod. Force as Fuel

-A Jedi and Merc System them allows you to be one or the other.

-A way to then limit the number of Jedi

-A game mode called RPG that only allows fighting when the server is letting it run.

-Team games that allow limited number of Jedis on either side. (Based on number my first point)

I'll think of more things I would like to do with this mod, also any suggestions comments and maybe questions are welcome

Sincerely,

DarthDarth

1) go and buy a good C/C++ book. Study it thoroughly

2) download the source code, browse it for a week or so, until you understand how it works and what methods it uses

3) make mod

4) add salt, pepper if necessary

5) stir well

6) Enjoy.

The first thing though is learning a programming language....HTML is not one, nor it will be.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by ASk

The first thing though is learning a programming language....HTML is not one, nor it will be.

LOL!!! Awesome!!! I love it!!! :D

Originally posted by Andy867

I was under the impression for a lot of coders that Jedi Outcast was written in strictly C, since C++ is objec-oriented, which Jedi is not.

Slight correction here... if you've seen the Elite Force SP code, it's basically Q3Arena C code converted to C++, then extended with their own C++ classes to extend the base code. I wouldn't be surprised if JKII MP code is a direct port from that Elite Forces SP code.

Of course, that's just conjecture on my part - only the JKII SP developers know that I guess...

However, the MP code is all in C. I just wanted to point out that the SP code was probably C++ under the hood, though I guess I don't have any proof. :D

Archived