Home

making GIF's

Bob Gnarly

Originally posted by KingPin

that doesnt help i wanna know hjow i capture images from .avi files!

Na na na... use camista and snagit. You can select a primary focus window and capture from there. It will accept most formats. That's how I did ep2 avatars before the movie was released....... sssshhhhhhhhhhh........ :D

EDIT: Oh yeah make sure the total size doesn't exceed the maximum (wimpy) 20,000 bytes. If it's over, reduce your avatar. If it's a 70 x 70 @ 26,000 try 68 x 68. I use even sizes only otherwise it affects picture quality. Adjusting frame and delay speed doesn't affect the total size because it's more like an embedded menu command.

Good luck! Can't wait to see it! :D

EDIT: Hypersnap and prnt screen don't work on movie files. Movies run on a video compression that doesn't allow frame by frame capture that way. All you'll see is a black square. Camista uses codecs for various results.

Originally posted by -=Chi3f=-

EDIT: Hypersnap and prnt screen don't work on movie files. Movies run on a video compression that doesn't allow frame by frame capture that way. All you'll see is a black square. Camista uses codecs for various results.

there is a way around that.

thnx (slides kingpin a 40 oz. and some pretzels)

On the house.

Your Avatar: Wicked Sick, yo! (American for good job) A great shot of Vash at July 3.

I made 57 zainy Trigun avs if you want one! They'll be up Monday on my site.

thxs for the 40 oz. *picks it up and then press's the trigger and goes spraying everywhere*

maybe ill just stick with my shotgun....

anyways....when i take a pic its always a dark screen so i cant see nothing and im having trouble with that and cant seem to get it to work....

Originally posted by ßoss

so no ones gonna help me......?

*sees Kingpins new name*

:eek:

It's cool. I was wondering who that was.

Do you have a video editing program? I just capture from camista for avis and adjust alpha and gamma in Corel 11. Otherwise you can try a different codec or reconfig the one you have now. Try the divx 5 codec, it's pretty good.

@ -s/<itzo-: I'm sure it can be done, but I haven't tried it before. Do you know how to do this? :(

@ -s/<itzo-: I'm sure it can be done, but I haven't tried it before. Do you know how to do this? :(

sometimes when you use the print scrn on a movie file the image don't show up after you paste it. it's just a blank screen.

well.. i found a way where you can use prnt screen on movie files (mov).

ok first open any video with quicktime, play it, give it a sec, stop it if you want. minimize it.

then get the video that you want, open it with quicktime. pause to the scene that you want. press the print scrn button. paste it to paint or what ever you use and the image should be there.

some how when you have a previous player the image shows up. can't explain why but it does.

try it see if it works.

Archived