Home

The Sith

Ez-

Episode one states that there are always just two sith, a master and an apprentice - who in that case were our good ol' friend Sidious and Mr. Maul. So now in Episode two, the master is again Sidious, but the apprentice is Dooku? He's already a jedi master, how can he be an apprentice? Or is he not a sith, but just a dark jedi... or am I barking up the wrong tree? Or does it not really matter? :)

I think your missing the info here. Dooku was a Jedi Master. He left the order and became corrupt by the Dark side. He joined Sidious and became a Sith apprentice. He is now Darth Tyranus. So once again there are 2. No more, no less. A master and an apprentice.

JediNyt is right......Count Dooku is a sith apprentice. Anyone know when abouts that Dooku had left the Jedi Order? Before or after TPM? I used to know....I just plain forgot.

Btw-Welcome back to LF EZ- :D

Stick around longer this time, will ya? :p

EDIT-That is one of the damn funniest avatars I have ever seen!! :D Absolutely great....don't ever change it!

Count Dooku left the Jedi Order nearly two years before Episode I. Remember, Qui-Gon Jinn was his last apprentice, so it can't be too near to the events of The Phantom Menace! But roughly two years before Episode I would be correct.

Dooku was never a Count while he was a Jedi. After leaving the Jedi, he returned to Seranno and siezed his family title, staying on his homeworld long enough to inherit every credit from his family fortune. Dooku is one of the galaxies richest men, and has more money than most Senators or Republic officials.

Dooku is a Sith Apprentice at the moment, but by Episode III he should be a Sith Lord. The Sith Order mirrors the Jedi in this respect: there are apprentices, knights and masters in the Jedi, and there are the same for the Sith, exept knights is replaced by lords. You can have a master and a lord at the same time: Yoda was only generalizing in Episode I. Darth Maul was still a young apprentice, but Dooku is nearing the stage where he will beocme a Sith Lord towards the end of Episode II. So he should be Lord Darth Tyranus in Episode III.

I'd been under the impression that Dooku left the Jedi Order in disgust after Qui-Gon died, but I don't know for sure. Maybe it had to do with the massacre depicted in Jango Fett: Open Season.

Dooku is a Sith Apprentice at the moment, but by Episode III he should be a Sith Lord. The Sith Order mirrors the Jedi in this respect: there are apprentices, knights and masters in the Jedi, and there are the same for the Sith, exept knights is replaced by lords. You can have a master and a lord at the same time: Yoda was only generalizing in Episode I. Darth Maul was still a young apprentice, but Dooku is nearing the stage where he will beocme a Sith Lord towards the end of Episode II. So he should be Lord Darth Tyranus in Episode III.

No, that's wrong. "With the Sith there are always two, no more, no less: a Master and an Apprentice. A Sith Apprentice does not become a Sith Master until his Master dies, at which point he adopts an Apprentice of his own. And as we know that Darth Sidious/Palpatine won't die in Episode III, and Anakin will become his Apprentice, we can surmise that Dooku will never be a full Sith Master. And you can be a Sith Lord without being a Sith Master. Darth Vader was a Dark Lord of the Sith, and Sidious called Maul "Lord Maul" several times in TPM.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

lol thanks Leemu :)

Yeh Im pretty certain Jedi_Monk is right Count Dooku 2. Sidious doesn't die until the ROTJ so unless he takes Sith Master sick leave or something Dooku can't be the Sith Master - without trying to overstate the point :p

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Dooku in Ep.III, whether Anakin kills him to take his place, or whether Dooku leaves of his own accord. Can't wait :joy:

Lord can be a times, used in respect, as for the count, he was with sidious nearly ten years till ep 2, whats more Dooku is obviously more than an apprentice hes a jedi master level, Sidious didn't have time to pick a force sensitive and start from scracth.

THats why he got a jedi master, Dooku always liked forbidden teachings power brought in the EP2 official visual index

What's your point? Darth Maul was with Sidious for 28 years before he was killed in Episode I. So Dooku was a Jedi Master, okay... do you think that there's no difference between using the Dark Side and Light Side? Dooku's about 80 in SW2... he's been trained using the Light Side of the Force for 70 years... he's going to have to unlearn a lot of stuff. And the fact still stands: As long as your Sith Master is still alive, you are a mere Sith Apprentice!

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Archived