Home

Harry Potter and the Chamber Of Rip-Offs

Crazy_dog no.3

Originally posted by Redwing

3) Hermione, that was MEAN! :( Poor Ron

You got that right, man...if you're talking about the end that is...that was mind breaking...tear drinking...knee buckling...MY GOD!!

And i do agree the end was a little bit too long...all the clapping and slow scenes, and i don't see why

Hermione had to get a grand entry when she got all fine whereas all the others just got a hello or just weren't noticed...well, she is one of the top roles, but so what... ;)

Originally posted by Young David

Hey, Homer are you 20+ too? In that case it could be something us old guys have (Havoc stays the oldest :p)

Glad I'm not the only one ... :D

yeah, 22 yrs

also, I have both my sister and my mother trying to force-feed me the books...Mom saying, "You'd probably enjoy them!! Your father read them!"

I'm disappointed in my Dad...he's 50+ and a prof. of Electrical Engineering...he usually doesn't go for the fantasy-type stuff...

CD, in this post modern world just about everything plays off of each other. Star Wars is itself a construct of various elements of other films and tv shows. Characters from Kurosawa films, music from Leone films, special effects from tv sci-fi shows, plots from just about any messiah/hero based narrative combined with recent history, Storm troopers/Nazis, The Emporer/Stalin or Hitler or any psychotic leader following a grand narrative (remember all the 'it is all going as I have forseen it' stuff - postmodernism rejects this).

The Harry Potter books, as many people have pointed out, borrow off many esatblished fantasy/sci-fi books such as Lord of the Rings, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, so its no surprise that the film may itself become a pastiche of sci-fi/fantasy/horror/b-movies.

The X-Files is a pastiche of horror and sci-fi b-movies with the occasional stroyline to maintain its fans commitment to it. The Matrix is also a pastiche of various films (the best being its recreation of Vertigo, running over the roof tops) with its own sense of style.

I could go on but I'm sure you get the point.

Originally posted by Darth Homer

yeah, 22 yrs

also, I have both my sister and my mother trying to force-feed me the books...Mom saying, "You'd probably enjoy them!! Your father read them!"

I'm disappointed in my Dad...he's 50+ and a prof. of Electrical Engineering...he usually doesn't go for the fantasy-type stuff...

I'll be in your gang too, 23 yrs. I have never, nor want to see or read any of the Harry Potter books.

Archived