Home

Light Saber fighting tips

husker3in4

I just downloaded the demo today and I love it! I have played many FPS, but never any of the star wars games, fighting with the light saber is a completely new experience for me. I am able to defeat the light saber toting bad guy in the demo, but it's not as easy for me to do so as it should be if I had any clue how to use the light saber. I read on this site about 3 different levels, blue, yellow, and red. I am only able to switch from blue to yellow, is this because I am playing the demo? Also, it says that using the blue level, I should be able to string together an infinite # of attacks, but it seems like I swing, stop, swing, stop etc. Maybe I just suck? lol. I would appreciate some info for a light saber beginner on how to fight effectively with the this cool as hell weapon. One question that immediatly popped into my head, is there a way to simply thrust it straight forward? When fighting the storm troopers, i usually just keep walking toward them, deflecting their shots until I am close enough to take a swipe. But in doing so, I get shot half the time. If I could do a simple thrust, I could 'stab' them with the saber and probably not get shot.

One more thing, in the demo I find a 'supply key' but havent found any locked doors to use it on. Not a big deal really, but if any of you can remember what its for off the top of your head..

Just want to say what a great game this looks to be, I think all of us have wanted to play with a light saber since we saw star wars for the first time (episode IV), I'm really getting a kick out of playing with it in this game, I just wish I knew how to fight with it more effectively, any tips/info would help!

Husker3in4

Hello and welcome to Lucasforums! :wavey:

Have fun, enjoy your time, and may the Force be with you! :thumbsup:

First, this link may help u on ur lightsaber skills

Second, if you hold strafe left (default=A) or strafe right {default=D) and primary attack (default=Mouse1) in BLUE stance then u can do a infinite number of swings.

Third, no u cant "stab" forward :( , only backward, which u can perform when you press back (default=S) and primary attack and the enemy is right behind you.

The next 2 tips apply only if u r gonna but the full game (of course u will...I order u to buy the game...*waves hand like a jedi :D)

If you want, u can download the latest patch here

There are a TON of skins/models/really neat stuff at www.jk2files.com or http://www.jediknightii.net/files/.

May the Force be with you! :joy:

Yes, I also welcome you to our little collective. You have chosen wisely, my young Padawan. This forum is the path to enlightenment. Here, you will learn much. Always remember; your focus determines your reality, and may the Schwartz be with you!

Originally posted by wassup

no u cant "stab" forward :( , only backward,

Be mindfull of your thoughts, wassup -they betray you. It is possible to do a kind of forward thrust. In light stance(blue), assume a crouching postition. Now, release the 'crouch button', push your 'Forward button', and hit your 'primary attack' button AT THE SAME TIME.

This is an awkward move to pull off -so take your time and practice getting it right.

The move is a quick forward uppercut. It is very effective. It also works well because you are essetially coming out of a defesive position, also 'light'(blue) stance is a the best stance for blocking gunfire.

husker3in4,

Definately go out and buy a full-version of JO. It's a fun game in 'Single Player' mode, but Multi-Player is essentially another game -in fact you can't get from one to the other, without closing the game. Multi-player shares some similarities with single-player, but there are a fair number of differences.

Personally, I view Multi-player as just a 'framework' for the Modding community to build upon. This different from Mods just being ways to add cute little trinkets to. There are mods available which fundamentally change how the game is played. Some of the maps and models people have made show some real talent. And of course, we have the time to really learn the game develop these things. Whereas the Raven had deadlines and budgets to consider. Now that the source code has been released the posibilities are many.

So, keep that in mind when you play Multi-player for the first time. This is only the beginning of what can be done.

Again, welcome to the group. Make sure and visit often.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by wondersalot

do you have to pay to play online????:( :( :( :( :( :( :( I can't seem to find out... I don't have the game... yet of course...:fett:

You pay for the game. You pay your ISP to be online. Server access is free since most of them are hosted from people's computers.

SWG - $$$. JK2 - FREE!

Be mindfull of your thoughts, wassup -they betray you. It is possible to do a kind of forward thrust. In light stance(blue), assume a crouching postition. Now, release the 'crouch button', push your 'Forward button', and hit your 'primary attack' button AT THE SAME TIME.

Syfo-Dyas

yes but it is still a "swing". Meaing that the saber moves from side to side, or in this case up to down. It is still not a trub "stab", where you...umm...trying to find right wording...push your saber forward and sort of puncture a hole in him/her or something. Keep in mind the uppercut delivers a long but shallow cut wound to the opponent, while a stab punctures a deep but small hole in the opponent. So if you look at it from a certain point of view, I was right. :D

Archived