Home

Dark Rage: Worth It or Worthless?

PowerBroker

Is Dark Rage Useful or Worthless  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is Dark Rage Useful or Worthless

• Useful
    • Worthless

Is Dark Rage a useful force power, or should it never be used?

I think it's useless, because the disadvantages heavily outweight the advantages.

First of all, Dark Rage leaves you vulnerable and your health severely depleted. Any good player can easily finish you off, and don't even think of getting near a fight for a while. If you didn't kill all of the nearby enemies during the rage, you will become an easy target without a chance.

Of course, Dark Rage enables you to rapidly lash out at any opponents, without fear of dying. But these powers can be repulsed with evasion and a strong defense, at which point the opposition can calmly wait for the dark rage to wear off before tearing you up.

It depends on the game mode. I think it's very valuable, damage is amped way up, you take little damage while it's on, during 1.03 it was the only real counter to backstab if you got pulled down. You could turn rage on, let the guy backstab while you tap jump to get back up, and then backstab them quickly. But back to the topic as a whole. Like I said it's very useful in certain situations.

CTF - very useful, this for guns and sabers only servers. Speed and rage together is used frequently on Bespin, one can cap in under 15 seconds with a little luck and speed rage on bespin. In sabers only it's also useful when trying to get the flag back or clearing your base of attackers. Rage+DFA = Devestating.

TFFA - very useful, again rage+dfa can kill opponents quickly, I use it frequently in our TDM Sabers matches on the TWL ladder.

FFA - VERY useful again, so long as it's a mad house server and not one where you have to wait for some one to challenge you to a duel or all the saber down rules. FFA is a much more fun game when everyone's just duking it out like in every other game. You don't hear someone on UT, Tribes, Quake, etc crying "Dude my gun was in it's holster wtf?" FFA servers where it's a true Free For All are way more fun and rage is way useful to get a bunch of quick kills.

1v1 Duels - Not as useful, but if you're good enough with it, it can be very useful. Especially against those throw-pull abusers. They come close to you to execute the throw-pull-kick combo, you tap rage and DFA them, nearly an instant kill 100% of the time if you hit it. If you don't hit it, the damage they inflict is minimal and you can hop up quick enough to dfa em again. Then just tap rage and turn it off early, and drain em to replenish your health.

yeah i always use light force powers, but raging does have its advantages, as a defender the easy thing to do is let the guy cap, then when he runs hit rage+speed+repeater/flechette=dead capper.(in most cases)

but yes the disadvantages... get thrown around easily/weapons pulled off you, dont even try to jump the bespin window or on WF hehe! if you're capping and it runs out as you near your base, you'll have little health, and no speed makingyou an easy target.

I recently used rage (Since I'm now alternating between light and dark for a little variety.), and holy geezes, speed+rage+heavy gun=super tank. It got my team's flag back a couple of times, and if you can put the increased speed to use, you can dodge those repeaters and golan shots. The disadvantages, Bilbo pretty much listed them. I recommend to use it as a flag defense or get-the-flag-back guy, unless you can bunny hop like a mofo. (Like in AB_Legion's demo and you can minimize falling.)

Originally posted by Bilbo Skywalker

yeah i always use light force powers, but raging does have its advantages, as a defender the easy thing to do is let the guy cap, then when he runs hit rage+speed+repeater/flechette=dead capper.(in most cases)

but yes the disadvantages... get thrown around easily/weapons pulled off you, dont even try to jump the bespin window or on WF hehe! if you're capping and it runs out as you near your base, you'll have little health, and no speed makingyou an easy target.

Funny, jumping the Bespin Window is what makes Rage+Speed so effective. the trick is to take the jumps to and from the platform as soon as is humanly possible, a good rage runner is faster than the reflexes of most flag defenders.

Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

Funny, jumping the Bespin Window is what makes Rage+Speed so effective. the trick is to take the jumps to and from the platform as soon as is humanly possible, a good rage runner is faster than the reflexes of most flag defenders.

well i usually have seeing on, so i can prepare before they arive and pull them as soon as they come into range. And didnt you see the 'hehe' in my post? I meant it sort of sarcastically, since it is not full proof, but it works most of the time. And i find my refelxes fast enough to stop them making the first jump, if not then definately the second.

Originally posted by ksk h2o

I guess I never ran into anyone that used it effectively... it usually means certain death to the guy that uses it and allows me to be very cretive in the way I dispatch of him since he is left with a measly point of life and recovery mode :D

A rage user is your worst enemy on a CTF map which doesn't have pits, ie Temple Tournament or Imperial.

ok well i think its worthless like what good is it here comes some one with it on oh look its choke time hehe gasp gasp :deathii:

as i said no good at all horrible waste of force power, chock and speed there worth it but all the others lighting ect.. suck jusp is good to but this one it sucks

JNK_Icer_cold

Archived