Home

Compatability

haravikk

Will the Dark Forces TC be available for Macs? I hate it when people decide to include installers and crap which doesn't work for me :(

Also, will it be a seperate program, or just replace files in JK2? (requiring two installations of JK2 I presume)

May have been brough up elsewhere but I saw nothing immediately on the first page and have no time to search...

I can´t say for sure if it´s a win32 only (I´m just a mapper). But if you have a mod menu in the mac version you should be able to play at least the demo.

@Katarn07: plz don´t put it in your base dir... It is not necessary.

Just type "map kejim_post" after you´ve enabled the mod and you can play JO with all skins, models etc from the demo

There is nothing "win32" specific in the demo. If the MAC version of Jedi Outcast will read pk3 files (which are just zip files) then the demo will work on Mac with no problem. The demo is ZIPped and not SITed, so you'll have to find an unzipper for Mac, but chances are you already have one.

There is no installer because one is not needed.

Dont put the pk3 files in "base" - this is a complete mod, not an add-on for use in the JO mission proper.

Read the "readme" files carefully and you should have no trouble.

Dave

if you run the MOD from the options > mod menu, the opening cinematic is not shown. You have to run the JK2 game directly and use the +set fs_game option to tell it to look in the "dark" folder. doing so will then show the opening cinematic correctly.

I don't have a mac so I can't give more specific instructions, but I'd suggest making an alias to jk2sp and then editing the path to include the above option.

I'm playing on a flat-panel iMac and the way I got it to work was to put all the .pk3 and .cfg files from the mod in the base directory. When I run the game, the mod loads with video and menus. I have not been able to get the actual mod loading menu in the game to work with any mod ever. I follow the instructions in Mac JKII's readme and the instructions that come with mods and no matter where I put a mod's files the menu is always empty and I end up having to use console or put files in base or both.

Anyway, the mod seems to work except the Moldy Crow doesn't show up at the end. One other possible factor is that the Mac version of JKII is still at 1.03?

Archived