Home

WARNING there's a limit on the number of skins and model

Cloud

Apparently there's a limit on the number of models and skins that can appear in the game because when I loaded up the Vader skin (it was black, no portrait), I had the model, but there was no skin on it. It was like this with all models that weren't displayed in the character select menu.

The most annoying thing I've seen is when you get too many PK3 files in your base folder and it refuses to load up single player, you have to move stuff out so you can play. I heard you can do something with making subfolders or summit but not sure exactly what to do.

Okay, it may be old news, but WHAT ARE THE NUMBERS???

I can always get rid of a crummy map or skin that I don't like, so that I can make room for something else. But, it helps to know what number is the limit.

Originally posted by Kainite

when you get too many PK3 files in your base folder it refuses to load up single player, you have to move stuff out so you can play.

Kainite,

I can't be sure but I think you are talking about something else. The problem being file-path lengths exceeding 'x' amount of characters.

This happens when you take the default installation directory during setup. It's pretty ridiculously long -something like 'C:\Program files\lucasarts\star wars\JK2 Jedi Outcast\gamedata\base'.

Suffice to say it's not hard to cut a little fat out of that directory. I just reinstalled it to a less robust directory path and it solved my problems.

I think I got rid of the whole "lucasarts/starwars/JKII Jedi Outcast" thing, and just called it "Jedi Outcast". I'm sure PLENTY of people have had similar problems.

If that sounds like what you have encountered, then I hope this helps.

yes i have found that my server has some problems when i reach a certain number of skins loaded into it, it seems to be around 120-130 skins include the default ones, atleast that is my server begins to bug out because of it so just try to keep that in mind when adding skins, i gauged this by the bots parsed XX command when the server boots, it seems the engine can only handle just so many skins

Archived