Home

XBox Version

Vyse

What's the deal with no release for the XBox? Man I love the XBox and have been stuck in limbo for two months because I really don't want a damn PS2, but if that's the console FT2 will be on so be it..even for 200 f'in dollars. That's how much I love this game. Still waiting...guess I'll pass up the Sega deal. If FT2 comes out on XBox after, that will not be cool.

Originally posted by Vyse

What's the deal with no release for the XBox? Man I love the XBox and have been stuck in limbo for two months because I really don't want a damn PS2, but if that's the console FT2 will be on so be it..even for 200 f'in dollars. That's how much I love this game. Still waiting...guess I'll pass up the Sega deal. If FT2 comes out on XBox after, that will not be cool.

The original blurb had LEC saying something to the effect of "it will be released for PC and next-gen consoles" - plural, meaning ps/2 AND others like xbox, etc.

All you need is a PC. This has been conclusively proven by the change of Sam and Max 2 to PC from console. Sorry to say it, but the most useless console is X-Box. All the games worth a second glance on the system are being ported to other systems with better graphics. (HALO, higher res, more detailed textures, PC release in only a few short months!!!) I have nothing against console owners, but I would have had to hurt something if PC had been excluded from the list. Let us all learn from Blizzard, who has successfully pissed off Starcraft faithful everywhere (but that's for a different forum.) X-Box, PS2, GCube, are all fine, but really people, grab a mouse, open your eyes, and learn what a REAL game is.

PC gaming is fine but where's the love? 2 or three friends sitting around the television battling it out, much more confortable and natural even. Even with a more than likely single player like Full Throttle II Everyone gets to enjoy the fun without crowding around a computer monitor.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have a PS2 sitting right next to me now, a gift from christmas. Talk about being stuck. More than anything I want to take it back and trade for the XBox. The worst part is if I would have got GTA with it I would have cracked the seal and it would be a done deal. I just sit here looking at it..I need help, Maybe a good punch in the face would do it?

The argument over "X-box has no GTA" would only be valid if EVERYONE liked that game...but the truth is..not everyone does. To say a system is superior because of ONE game is pretty closed minded.

....on the bright side..these arguments DO make me feel like a teenager again..arguing over Sega Vs nintendo (yep..im old enough to remember THAT battle)..its almost enough to bring a tear to my eye...

..and with that note..its time to power up the ol 2600 for a game of pitfall....

All of your beloved console games start out life inside a computer, are written in code optimised for the console, and then exported to cds or cartidges and sold to you at prices that usually range higher than the pc version. All so you can sit on a couch with 4 friends, run the game without Windows running in the background, brag to friends, or just toss away some of that damned annoying cash you keep finding lying around. Whatever the case, you console kiddies have your fun... No more "x-box is better than ps2, but worse than dreamcast, yet equal to gamecube, etc.," arguments in this thread, or me and my powerful gaming pc will have to come to your town and spank you all. Have a nice day.

Archived