Home

maya? good enough?

Bob Gnarly

I think Maya is the best out there, they did some fx for hollow man with it i believe (other stuff too, of course).

You can make animations with 3D max, the only bad thing is that we cant mess with the .gla file. Who's crazy enough to do 17,000 frames of animations by hand? (ok less than 17,000 for mp, but still.)

Shouldnt you be in a UT2k3 forum? i think they would help you out better than us...cuz i doubt the process is the same.

Thats why i'm not modelling for UT2k3 yet...just the fact that i have to learn a new process...:eek:

I use maya, I think for modelling/animation its the shiznit. Just make sure to check the alias site for some cool extra polys tools, one of areas maya still needs some work.

http://www.digital-tutors.com/

that site goes over some of the basics for maya.

as far as jo animations, an animator would love to do 17,000 frames of animation, thats why they animate. 17k is not a lot of animation, your talking about a lot of 2-20 frame animation cycles, with a few mocaps. If I had the tools to animate in maya and export straight out to glm from maya I would animate all the movement and sabers swings in an instant.

Archived