Home

Interesting KoTR chat

darthfergie

Pretty cool stuff here. (I don't visit the KoTR site so I wouldn't know if this has been up over there on not, but still)

The manual for NWN was great, can we expect the same?

The first thing that we're working on is the Xbox manual, and it's going to be huge! We will probably have a bigger manual for the PC version, because there are other things to talk about, like installation.

------------------------------------------------

You will have complete control over every member of your party. However each party member will also have a default AI. You can choose to micromanage each of your party members or you can let them run their default AI.

We do in fact have early versions of the Mandalorians in the game. In fact, I was testing an area in the game today and fought one for the first time. They look very cool! :)

Enemy Jedi will be given different configurations of Force powers. You might face off against a dark Jedi who uses Choke, Whirlwind and Lightning and then later face off against a dark Jedi who prefers to buff himself with his Force powers before engaging in melee combat.

You can travel around the galaxy in your own starship, the Ebon Hawk. During gameplay you'll have the chance to run around the ship and talk to some of the other characters. The turret mini game is also "based" on the ship - in some missions you'll have to shoot down enemy fighters for example. A lot of the travel time is told through transition movies, with the Ebon Hawk see flying through space towards a planet, and then eventually landing on the surface so you can continue the adventure.

I must add that combat looks much more involved that anything we have done before. There is parrying, flips and blaster bolt deflection. Combat really does look similar to the duels in the movies.

Don't worry, there aren't any box pushing puzzles.

In total, we have over 50 Force powers in the game.

the dark / light paths in the story. This can fundamentally change how the entire storyline (and the galaxy itself) works out.

Even your choice of party members will determine which subquests you experience.

Yeah, this is the biggest game the LucasArts has ever worked on in terms of voice (and story!), so it's been quite a challenge.

Your party members are fully realized characters. They can form friendships with the player or even romances. They will often argue with the player if they disagree with something that he's done. They also argue amongst themselves.

Just my highlights from the story...

Yeah Fergie it was up on the boards there like immediately after it was finished. :D

They don't waste anytime at all. It was a good one I thought. What I really picked up on is about the percentage at which the game is completed. They didn't say the exact number but......I know it's very close though......I can't wait! :D

Archived