Home

Okay, I don't get it...

Shrooom

I've played The Curse of Monkey Island (the 3rd) for a little bit a few years ago, and I just beat Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's revenge. Do they ever explain what happens between those two times? The ending to 2 was so cool, but I don't really remember if they say anything about it in 3.

I think that SMI just as LCR both take place at an amusement park called Big Whoop. The storyline of the games is nothing but the imagination of a child called Guybrush that imagines how cool it would be to be a pirate. At the end of LCR we suddenly switch from imagination to reality for a short time and in the beginning of CMI we switch back again. That's why Guybrush is in the bumper car.

In my opinion the whole being a child is a trick of LeChuck's. I wouldn't like it neither. Elaine herself says that LeChuck must have put a curse on Guybrush. So following the fashion that the viewer/player always sees what's really happening (i.e. the cut-scenes with Largo, LeChuck and the voodoo priest in the fortress) - instead of just what the avatar (Guybrush) sees - I say that she's right.

Archived