Home

WIP: MGS Ninja Grey Fox

ksk h2o

Originally posted by Norrec Vizharan

i could get you a good face shot from metal gear 2: solid snake (for msx) or a face shot from mgs when he is about to be crushed!

That would be really nice, I dont see myself playing the game AGAIN for screenies (from MGS1) but it would be nice to take a look at his face near the end of the game.

As for the screaming sound, the problem I have with it is that it has a lot of background sounds that cant really be cleaned up effectively. So i get a very crowded scream sound if I use the one I have. If you have a clean version for the scream I'd definitely take a shot at it and include it as another taunt (there are four allready).

:) I'll be posting screenies of the open facemask shortly.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I updated my first post in order to reflec the latest changes and replaced all the screenshots with images of the new mesh/skin

There are now two skins, regular and sith, and two model versions regular and open faceplate. So you have a combination of playing four characters.

In order to get the open faceplate regular model use:

model grayfox/open

In order to get the open faceplate sith model use:

model grayfox/sitho

The regular and sith models have icons so they can be selected through the in game menu.

I'm sending you the new version now hellfire :)

Squall took a look at your sounds. I actually had all but a few of them already applied as taunts. I'll try to see if I can use some of the extra sounds you provided as well, many thanks for them.

It would really help if someone could send a screenie from the game where I could see his face. Bahamut, since I have nothing to go by the face was pure ksk fantassy. If I can get a screenshot of the face and see that his right eye was busted, and how it looked like, I would gladly incorporate it into the skin. Right now I dont even know if the guy supported a fu-man-chu beard. :D

Could you tell me how the busted eye looks like? Does he have a scar across his forehead and cheek that goes through the eye? Is it just a white eye? Any info on his face would be appreciated.

Recently I have weighed the hands, since the mest seems complete and no problems with the weighing have been reported. I'm moving onto making the LOD's and releasing this puppy. :)

Ninja is white, like you said, but Naomi isn't his real sister. She's just the adopted sister. At the end of MGS, when you meet up with Grey Fox again, he asks you to apologize to Naomi for lying to her. Grey Fox killed her parents, and then felt guilty about it and spared her life. But he is white. Just a little FYI.

This model is so freakin' cool.

[Edit]: His "busted eye" is just white. I remember that specifically. Though it'd be cool if you included two versions of that. Your two red eyes, and then a red eye/white eye version.[/Edit]

Ok listen up.

I have every Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear: Snakes Revenge, Metal Gear Solid, and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. I also have all the action figures, and the special edition Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake MSX box set straight from Japan. I have extreme knoledge of the Metal Gear universe...

Grey Fox is NOT African American.

He is as caucasian. But in the American version of Metal Gear Solid, his voice actor IS African American, wich is probably why you think that. In the origional Metal Gear's, his face is white. In Metal Gear Solid, his face is white. He is white, BUT his American voice actor is African American. So please don't make him black.

Oh and by the way, excelent job on the model.

Hmm, I've been away vacationing under UV lights and dicso balls so haven't been modelling much... I am Working on the LODS now since the model is all done and no bugs to it that I can see.

Once the LODS are done, and as soonas I get my hands on a drawing pad, I'm going to take a swing at getting am MGS color schemed skin onto the model.

I thought about the suggestions for the bad right eye and also keeping the to red eyes.

What I think I'll do is, I'll keep the current white/black skins the way they are (tweak them a little of course) and make the MGS NINJA color schemed model with the bad right eye. This way there will be one skin scheme that will try and be as close to GF as possible and the other two will be more of a fantasy skin on the model.

Thanks for the interest guys, and plase keep the suggestions coming. :)

What?!? A hood? Why the hell should he have a hood? He's already got a self-powered, stealth-camoflague-equipped ninja exo-skeleton cyber suit. A hood? Have you even played any of the Metal Gear games?

Oh, and heads up ksk h2o. Konami already canned Darth Kitty's attept to make Metal Gear Solid models. You might want to post what you have on a website before they try and get in touch with you. I don't want this sick-ass model cancelled too. Maybe you could send it to Garik Loran and get him to host it on his site, just in case. (?)

um ksk h2o, a friend of mine told me you was looking for a skinner for Grey fox so he asked if i wanted to do it for you

ill start on it first thing tomorow... is it good news?:)

ill give it my best shot, making him good i mean.... ill even put up some pics on a site tomorow so you can see my skinning work

peace

Azrael, I think Konami didn't want a Metal Gear Mod, like a total conversion, that would play like an MGS Game. There were many models of Metal Gear Characters Released for other FPS games such as Q2, Q3 (albeit not very good ones) and I don't think Konami would care much about a player character. I think they got worried about a mod affecting the "image" of their games (no matter how ridiculous it sounds), and it's a pity the mod won't see the light of day.

Thanks a lot for the offer SupremePain. I could definitely use all the help I can get. I've also sent Klorel some reference pics, since he offered to help. Let me know if you need reference images or whatnot. And thanks to Hellfire Jedi for getting you involved. :D

The Model and all the LOD's are finished.

Since Supreme Pain offered to help with skinning, I'm waiting for feedback and info from him.

Also Klorel Mentioned he would give skinning him a shot.

As soon as I hear from them, and learn if they have had the time to work on it and/or if they still have the interest and the time, I'll post an update. All we need for him is a decent skin.

:D

Archived