Home

Will a MOD load itself if the server runs it?

Lord Headwound

Originally posted by Lord Headwound

This is all I'm wondering. If I enter a server running say, JediPLUS 4.3 will my game load the MOD or do I have to do it manually before entering the server?

If you have cl_allowDowload set to "1", and the server has sv_allowDownload set to "1", then you will begin downloading all the necessary files for that particular mod upon connecting to the server. Might take a while though, as most download rates are capped at 2-5kb per second (that's about 28.8->56k modem speed). You're always better off downloading the file from a file library and installing it yourself.

I want to say yes, I know when I use Artifex's Promod it does load without going into mods and selecting it.

However when I join a Vulcan Admin server, my Vam mod does not load. I would have to go into the mod selection and activate it before I joined.

1. You don't need to make a quote like that when it's the first reply...

2. I think he's asking about LOADING the mod, not acquiring it. In that case, all you need to do is have the mod in the appropriate location and it will load itself when you join a server that uses it.

Archived