Home

A goth...in Final Fantasy?!?

Sherack Nhar

:eek:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/380/380923p1.html

Square VIP: Number shows that a large fraction of the Playstation2 user installed base is made up of teens following some sort of movement called "gothic"...

Square Financial Accountant: We MUST cater to this young and influenciable crowd in order to make up for the losses of the Final Fantasy Movie!

Hironobu Sakaguchi (from under his desk): Don't remind me!! Please stop!

Director of FFX-2: We can do that. Nomura-san?

Temura Nomura: No problems. People were complaining about FFX-2's lack of originality, so I will create an original character that has exactly the same look as all of my other characters but with a costume design copied of the goths.

Square VIP: Good! This matter is settled. Now let's talk about the other games that we will release in 2003: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy XIII, remakes of Final Fantasy 7 through 9 on PS2, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, its GBA counterpart, and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance!

----------------

Seriously, with every news concerning FFX-2 I burst out laughing at the OBVIOUS attempt to milk their main cash cow, FFX. I think it's the most obvious attempt at milking a game since Everquest on GBA and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Of course it is, but the same can be said about every Star Wars game. Just because they are trying to make more money doesn't mean it can't be a good game, after all, isn't that the purpose of a business?

I was expecting something like that... I know that in the end it's always about money but in the past Square has always maintained a certain respect for their FF series, limiting the number of FF games they would release per year. Also I've never seen so many spinoffs in such a short time. Before FFX-2, the only FF spinoffs I can remember are Mystic Quest, FF Adventures and FF Legends 1-2-3. Except for MQ, they were all part of a different franchise in Japan and Square USA simply screwed up the names. But look at today, with the HUGE list of true FF spinoffs that are both for Japan and overseas. Quality over quantity, I say...

One thing though. Nomura's characters may look all the same, but he's got the talent for making kickass costume designs. He almost succeeded in making a goth look cool.

Well, i will admit i have some reservations about this game, but i think it will turn out well in the end. I still think square has the same focus on quality that they used to, but because they are now much larger (SquareEnix), they can make more quality games in less time.

As for remakes of FF7-9, that would be divine. I think i'd pee my pants if they made a remake of FF8, ;) and FF7 would be great too. I don't care if they aren't original games, they're classic, and they're still great.

You know, Square has made helluva lot better games that weren't Final Fantasy,(Xenogears and Chrono Trigger immediately spring to mind) why don't they concentrate on stuff like that?

I'd rather be seeing new original stuff that more of the same that I've seen before..

Originally posted by Clefo

You know, Square has made helluva lot better games that weren't Final Fantasy,(Xenogears and Chrono Trigger immediately spring to mind) why don't they concentrate on stuff like that?

I'd rather be seeing new original stuff that more of the same that I've seen before..

I totally agree, even though that new Seiken Densetsu game on GBA looks sweet... :)

Yes I believe so, but it's published by Namco and developed by Monolith Soft.

I think it should be pretty sweet... RPGamer says that the japanese release date is set for February 28th.

EDIT: Oddly enough, the north american release date is supposed to be February 2003 as well... Simultaneous release? I really doubt we'll see Xenosaga before Japan...

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

One thing though. Nomura's characters may look all the same, but he's got the talent for making kickass costume designs. He almost succeeded in making a goth look cool.

Like you said...almost yeesh:o . That is sooooo messed up... Plus it is kind of strange to see a sword holder after you see Yuna jumping around with Uzis in the trailer over at IGN...soooo bizzare...

Archived