Home

[jimmora]PLAYOFFS?!?!??!?![/jimmora]

Clefo

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Ferg, it was pass interference on an eligible receiver, yes, but there was another guy down field who was ineligible (i think his number was 65 or 66 or something, not sure). The penalties offset and thats why no extra chance was given, even though it was legitimate pass interference. I remember the call specifically and can't figure out why the league released that statement.

pass interferance + ineligable reciever downfield= offseting penalties...replay down. Get it now? They never called the pass interferance because they thought it was on the ineligable reciever. They never replayed the down. The Giants should have had another shot at a field goal.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:Football Mode on: :Raider Fan Mode on:

Ok listen up Jets. You are going down. Thats it. You think you want it more, but you wait till the Jets step onto the field,

blackhole.jpg

in front of thousands of the most insane fans in the NFL.

Jets wont handle the pressure, Pennington will have a lousy game, the Raider defense will knock his head off. Jerry Rice is going to have a huge game, I predict, and so will Garner.

All in all, JETS YOU'RE GONNA CHOKE!

:FOOTBALL MODE off: :Raider Fan Mode on until the Raiders win XXXVI:

They DID play the Raiders earlier and only lost by like 6, and the Raiders almost blew a 21 point lead to Denver at home few weeks back, they're far from invicible *Hates the Raiders, is bitter*

*Waits for the proverbal whining from Steeler fans*

Originally posted by Clefo

They DID play the Raiders earlier and only lost by like 6, and the Raiders almost blew a 21 point lead to Denver at home few weeks back, they're far from invicible *Hates the Raiders, is bitter*

*Waits for the proverbal whining from Steeler fans*

EDIT: Also, doesn't the name "Network Associates Colloseum" inspire fear in opposing teams? ;)

Originally posted by Nitro

Yeah, but San Fran won...

And mounted the second biggest comeback in NFL history. The Giants deserved to lose that game...

Yeah, San Fran won...through one of the worst calls in the History of football. It took away the Giant's chance to go to the SuperBowl. If it were just a regular game...I wouldn't mind so much...but with the ENTIRE season on the line in just one game it annoys me. Not that I was for the Giants...I just think they should have gotten a fair shake. And nobody ever really diserves to lose, they gave what they had and ended up losing when the 49ers turned up the heat and when the official screwed up.

oh and...YAY GO STEELERS! YOU LOST! WOOHOO!:p

*runs away and locks himself inside a nuclear shelter to keep out the nutty steelers fans*

Originally posted by SE_Vader_536

Hey.... any Eagles fans here? bucs bite dust all know and fear the fact that eagles are ultimate!

i'm from philly originally, and i still have fam there, and they are diehard eagles fans.

ckcsaber, the fam that i have here in cali are mostly raiders fans, they live mostly in the east/south bay of the bay area.

here are my predictions:

tampa beats eagles : why? tampa has fallen to the eagles two years in a row. both times the offense has just been shellacked all over the place with poor offensive playcalling by dungy. gruden is much better and i think the buccs will edge out the eagles.

raiders over tennessee : why? best offense in football, and the raiders have enough talent defensively to shut down eddie george. i don't think the titans have enough offense to get into a shootout with the raiders. i see the raiders winning this one by 2 touchdowns.

superbowl:

buccs over raiders: why? defense wins games and gruden is the master over callahan.

For the niner fans out here, sure would like the niners to hire Bob Stoops of Oklahoma, but the problem is the owner is too cheap. apparently denny green has been ruled out so i'm happy. he's not that much of an upgrade over mariucci.

the niners better work on getting a couple of defensive lineman to help out andre carter, a solid corner, a better punter (la fleu sucks) and a third wideout, preferabbly a rookie. still a young team and are about 1-2 years away...

You'd have to have a TON of money up your sleeve to get Stoops away from Oklahoma, especially while they are still doing so well...but he does already have his champ ring there...so who knows...He may take on the 49ers job, especially since the 49ers have a very high caliber team. Whoever gets that slot is gonna be a happy man...

ive never seen such a pathetic super bowl in my life. i mean who throws 2 touchdown passes in 1 minute TO THE OTHER TEAM???!!! Those Raiders didnt deserve the super bowl something more resonable like Eagles and Bucs sounds more like super bowl quality teams (yes you herd it bucs fans i admitt the bucs are good.)

Archived