Home

Cool Mods for JK2: Running Gauge

Marker0077

Is having a running gauge cool or lame?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is having a running gauge cool or lame?

• Cool
    • Lame

I'm eventually going to do my own mods for JK2, I already have a Cool Mods for MoHAA which is pretty popular, if they ever realease the SDK I will finish it. Anyways, this is about JK2. Here are some mods I was considering doing & wanted to know if you guys liked the ideas or not.

This is pretty much for people who run &/or jump way too much. It's a gauge like the force gauge on No Force servers, the more you jump, the more force taken away except this is for running & jumping, when the gauge runs out you're force to walk. This would be an option only of course.

Running would just keep the gauge from going up, it's jumping that really takes the gauge down. if you walk or stop, the gauge goes back up.

Agh. I voted before I comprehended the part about "This would be an option only of course." :o

Options are *always* cool.

Otherwise I don't really see the point. I mean, when force is enabled, excessive jumping sucks it away. It already has a cost.

In no force duels with jump enabled this would serve a purpose, but since you can "out-roll" a runner and re-fill your gauge while doing it...I don't know? I might be missing something. :confused:

The point is for those dueling bunnys out there & also those fights that just take forever because both duelers are low on health & they are being extra catious, too catious & it makes the duel last forever.

Rolling would be added to the gauge as a factor also & you only use force jump from the force meter, not normal jump. Normal jump is like when you first start in SP, it's not very high. Once you jump extra high it no takes a little from the additional gauge, but mostly from the force gauge.

All I'm saying is is these guys run all the time, don't they ever get tired? I thought this might be a nice realism factor, anyways, just an idea.

Originally posted by Marker0077

I thought this might be a nice realism factor, anyways, just an idea.

If you're looking for realism, you might want to tweak Saber Throw a bit..?

Promod was supposed to make the throw pushable. A well-aimed push would knock the saber away/on the ground and leave the thrower quote vulnerable for a while. It seems hard to implement though(?).

I don't like tossers. You hit 'em once and the duel turns into a tossing-contest. Bleah. :mad:

prevent people from running:confused: how on earth would you fight a battle, w/o being able to run around:confused: don't think it would be a good idea, the jumping thing on the other hand, it could be handy, but i haven't seen one jump spammer in jk2MP (w/o bots!:p )

LOL! Yeah...I remember the first time I fought bots on a map with no bot support! Oh man... did they spam jump or what!! Those bastards! :swear: It took me ages to kill 'em! :D

Btw - If you have tons of ideas for a mod, Marker0077, please share. :) A certain feature may seem like a bad idea if it was implemented in 1.04, but might make sense in the new context-thingie you're trying to build here...if you know what I mean.

Originally posted by Luc Solar

If you're looking for realism, you might want to tweak Saber Throw a bit..?

Promod was supposed to make the throw pushable. A well-aimed push would knock the saber away/on the ground and leave the thrower quote vulnerable for a while. It seems hard to implement though(?).

I don't like tossers. You hit 'em once and the duel turns into a tossing-contest. Bleah. :mad:

Nice idea. I'm not a big throw fan myself for the same reason as kick, it's just not where the fight is, but I can play either way. I think throw is fine if it's done the way JediPlus is, if you block the throw, the saber drops to the floor, this prevents it from becoming a throwing contest as there are reprecussions if you do not throw & hit the opponent.

Originally posted by kstar__2

prevent people from running:confused: how on earth would you fight a battle, w/o being able to run around:confused: don't think it would be a good idea, the jumping thing on the other hand, it could be handy, but i haven't seen one jump spammer in jk2MP (w/o bots!:p )

It doesn't prevent you from running as long as you don't excessively use jump/roll. The actual running aspect barely even effects the gauge.

Archived