Home

Bothan Spynet

Parrakarry

How many of you consider it cheap? Do you incorporate it in your games? Personally, I think it's somewhat cheap, especially when I'm reduced to pumping out workers I don't need to keep the opponent from using it, but it's hefty price keeps it in check... an interesting strategy is to wait until the opponent uses it, then send all sorts of units that can only be opposed by units that cost nova :D that's the coolest tactic. However, what do you think about it?

the spynet is only a "finish him off" type of move. if you let your opponent get enough nova to get it without getting nearly wiped out first, maybe you shouldnt play someone that good next time. you should have enough workers to the point that they cant research it unless they deliver a serious blow to you....

huh huh... i said blow.

Yeah, I've played a few games recently where I needed it to finish off a computer player. Sometimes they survive with one worker! One particular guy had a worker hiding behind a tree, and the only way I saw him was that I noticed after I researched BSN that I could see this area on the map where there was apparently nothing.

I always joke because in this particular game my friend and I were allied against three groups of two computer allies. While one of the factions I chose to take out survived far longer than they should have with one worker, one of my friend's opponents resigned as soon as he lined up his army OUTSIDE their gates. Now that was crap. He got heaps more points than me because his civ didn't fight back, while I spent heaps of time finding one worker when I could have destroyed another entire civ.

The idea that spynet is used for only mop-up duty is not always the case.

I was playing a 1 on 1 the other day, and the enemy researched it before i had thought of it, but i beat him bad, with over three times his score, and losing only 3 units (killing 67--not a lot-but a slaughter). It was a small team islands with sparse minerals---but i still had nearly 50 workers. I did spynet eventually, so my economy was strained also.

I got so much food, though, that i tributed him 4,000, lol.

I suggest the rate increases per worker for fewer workers, so a weak civ won't be killed so easily.

The idea that spynet is used for only mop-up duty is not always the case.

I was playing a 1 on 1 the other day, and the enemy researched it before i had thought of it, but i beat him bad, with over three times his score, and losing only 3 units (killing 67--not a lot-but a slaughter). It was a small team islands with sparse minerals---but i still had nearly 50 workers. I did spynet eventually, so my economy was strained also.

I got so much food, though, that i tributed him 4,000, lol.

I suggest the rate increases per worker for fewer workers, so a weak civ won't be killed so easily.

this is tougher in You VS comp. games, because later in the game the comp. seems to like to build more workers than necessary. but the easiest way to counter this is to research mind trick and either (if you are or aren't republic) you can make some Jedi masters and set them on no attack stance and just keep them in the enemy town (and can also convert some buildings). Or of course just send some Jedi SF's ,also on no attack stance.

• 2 weeks later...

First, if you read any of this thread that was said a long time ago...

Second, you don't learn do you? Stop flaming and spamming! Posting a 2 sentence post in a thread, and having one of the sentences call someone a noob and a moron/idiot isn't helping your cause and is only bringing more negative attention to it... the proper authorities have been notified.

Oh im sorry should i lie to them then?

i mean they were creating some pretty useless threads and most of them survived only because they were thrown off-topic.

And for the trillionth time i dont spam. i barely even posted close to what i used to do in that time span. please stop saying that.

Archived