Home

0892, and SF. the best gunner

lllKyNeSlll

yes everyone knows DSbr_Narbes (aka buffeh) is the best gunner. but if u want to play a good gunning clan, u should try playing EJM. and i know UJ and 0892 (won't say who u really are) want to get some guns experience. so if u want to u can tell me how to contact ya, and we can arrange a match like SF vs EJM or something. and ejm is a real good ctf clan. so we prolly can beat everyone except dsbr and bf on twl (we won our last twl match for tier 9 - eight to 0 [tt] and 7 to 0 [be]. so if ya want we can play u guys and anyone else on LF's in guns or ctf. ejm server is IP: 66.151.180.97. our site is http://www.newjedicircle.net so if u wanna drop in for some ctf we'll play

I should also point out that once you get the hang of it, the JK2 Rocket Launcher is a nice weapon, in fact i'm not inaccurate in saying that every weapon in the game is almost equally useful

(playing at my peak I get roughly half my kills with Bryar and Disruptor, and half with Flechette and Rockets)

Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

The game has both :p

With the added bonus that the disruptor has a scope.

Comparing the Quake 3 Rail gun (and the Rail-only matches on q3dm17) to the Disrupter is kind of like comparing a Ferrari to Ford Pinto.

As for the RL, the JK2 version is more like the slower Unreal Tournament RL than the hyper-fast Quake 3 RL.

As for the balance, maybe I am wrong, again I'm not a gunner, but the Chewbacca crossbow thingy and that one gun that looks like a funnel that shoots purple lightning seem pretty useless.

BTW, didn't someone make instagib for JK2 a while back?

I could have sworn I read something about it.

bowcaster is very powerful if you can use it right, and the DEMP is supposedly good for sniping, but since it doesn't appear in CTF maps I couldn't say.

The JK2 rocket launcher IS slow, but once you get some practise in, its very effective. 2 rocket hits will kill, so its not too bad a weapon.

The DEMP actually does have an instant rate of fire similar to the Q3 rail, the problem is the damage. I have tagged people non-stop with it and not a single death.

I heard in pro mod you could up the gun damages or something like that by spending points on each weapon. Maybe that would help.

laz would get negged. teh even hood can't get more than 3 out of 10 against narbes. congrats for joining DET. and if u know bout mid air sniping, and u have decent accuracy, the disruptor is alright a weapon. i get most my kills from rocket, briar, and repeater. for hood its prolly rocket, briar, and disruptor

Originally posted by lllKyNeSlll

and OF COURSE, if u know the one rocket, homing strategy, ull conserve and they can't push it back easiliy, since u can push the homing back, and it only takes one rocket

Is that considered a no-no in TWL matches?

I know there is a whole list of banned map exploits but if a team were to get caught using that could the match be scrapped?

Or is it just a “little trick” everyone accepts and uses (like the Grip Kick counter-bug)?

• Instagib would be a very easy mod to make. UT and JK1 were my best games and I only played DM instagib 1v1 in the later days of UT since ctf had a bunch of hackers and newbs. So I wasn’t as much a quake person. Never seen an instagib mod, though it can be easily made with tenloss as its base.

q3 rail was my type of gun. i liked it. but the UT sniper rifle owns it since it fires so fast. q3 rail had a decent charge time, but the thing bout it thats so good is that it charges without pressing a button and its slightly more instant than the instagib and the disruptor

yes everyone knows DSbr_Narbes (aka buffeh) is the best gunner.

Hmmm...I don't know him. :) Then again, I'm not a gunner. I wonder how gunners would do in a lightsaber only duel. :) And, no, I'm not knocking gunners. If you wanna gun, that is just peachy with me.

I've tried guns for 3 days now. I'm finishing around 3rd or 4th on the oE server....sooo, I still suck. It is funny to see the gunners pull out a saber against me tho...they have no idea what's coming for them 8). That's pretty much the only way I can kill the really good gunners...that or cheap em, which, I try to do also. I'll keep practicing.

haha now i know where u got that name from, its homosexual ewok's visa account. whats ur new server's ip?

We appreciate your business! Your order has been processed, and will be handled promptly. For credit card orders, please allow 1-2 Days for your server to be set up and your welcome letter sent. If you chose PayPal as your payment type, we will process the order 1-2 days after receiving your payment confirmation to PayPal@globalhosting.com.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in GamingHost.com. If you ordered by

credit card we will run your card and set you up when it goes through. If

you ordered by PayPal please make your payment to:

paypal@globalhosting.com (Global Hosting is our Parent Company). Please

allow 1-2 business days for credit card orders. If you are paying via

paypal please allow 1-2 business days after you send your paypal

payment. If you have any questions please do not respond to this email,

instead login to the website and submit a support ticket with your question,

we will be glad to help.

Thank You,

The GamingHost Team

It's only been two days since I signed up, should be e-mailed any day now.

I'll stick it in my sig once we have it.

Archived