Home

Secret Civs Thread!

lukeiamyourdad

Since we have started to talk about secret civs, why not start a thread about them!

First, here is what should be a secret civ:

-Finish the Game to see them and play with them

-Not really balanced

-Only available in Single Player

-Just for FUN civs!

Now since we now all know what a secret civ is, we need some secret civs!

Since Ewoks are the most popular to become a secret civ, they should be a secret civ.

We have decided in another thread to have about 2 secret civs which leaves a second spot and maybe(just maybe) a third.

So, post your propositions for another secret civ right here!

P.S: remember SWGB2 here!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corran-No it has been said to have something like 2 well I think you said it yourself...

Sith-It should really be an absurd civ something really just for fun. So you're right!

Secret civs aren't official. It's just something I want the guys at LA think about.

That's the problem. We need to come up with something hilarious.

Twilek's?

Rodians?

Chiss?

Dug?

Big Hutts?(not hutt cartel Hutts!)

Hmmm... Luke's dad, you've given me an idea!

How about a true "Hutt" civ? In this civ, every unit would be a fat, lumbering, disgusting hutt. So we have Hutt workers, Hutts with blasters, Hutts on repulsorlifts (mounties?), Hutts in fighters....

I can just imagine it..

"Oh no, we're under attack!"

"By what?"

"By Hutts!"

"Oh, their mercenary army?"

"No! Hutts! Real Hutts!"

"aargh..."

That'd be great.

Damn! I've noticed one problem. :mad:

Seeing as there's hopefully already going to be a Hutt Cartel civ, people might get annoyed with the amount of Hutt stuff there is.

But I doubt there'll be any actual Hutts fighting for the Hutt Cartel (just serving as the leader for the campaign briefings etc), so we should be in the clear.

Go the True Hutt Secret Civ! :D

Well I'm all for a secret Ewok civ. They have all they need as it is in SWGB1, all they need to do is make them playable in single-player. That's about all I'd want to see. It would also be more of an incentive to finish the campaigns, though hopefully SWGB2 campaigns will be more fun than SWGB1 campaigns anyway so you'll want to finish them based on their own merits.

Well I've expressed my concerns before about a Hutt Cartel civ. The main problem I see with them is that they don't exactly "go to war". Sure, they do fight, but the fighting is secretive, covert, insidious. Not exactly the grand scale battles that make SWGB a great game.

But as a secret civ I support them whole heartedly. I think they'd work much better in the secret civ sense. Because let's face it, if an AT-AT walked up to Jabba's palace, what would the old Hutt send out to take it down? He's got nothing. As a secret civ they would be fantastic, but as a fully balanced civ I don't think they'd work.

So I vote for Ewoks and Hutt Cartel.

The Hutt Cartel would be terrible as a secret civ. There's nothing particularily comical about them, and they'd be a lot better to use in campaigns and normal battles.

Vostok- Think of it this way. The Hutts often hire mercenaries, and even full mercenary armies, to protect their interests. This is one of those mercenary armies, hired specifically for *whatever the campaign is about* and any other battles this particular Hutt clan might get into.

Well in that case maybe a better name would be "Mercenary Army". Then you could have campaigns that feature the Hutt Cartel, Black Sun and the Smuggler's Union, since they are all basically mercenary armies.

I don't think secret civs should be reserved for "comical" civs. Just underpowered civs like Ewoks.

Considering that Black Sun, the Hutt Cartel and the Smugglers' Union all have different interests, are in direct competition with each other, are in either EU or canon and are all worthy of being civs, why have an unknown unfounded "Mercenary" civ?

Perhaps "Hutt Cartel Mercenaries." But I still think that normal "Hutt Cartel" would be better.

Well they might all be different organisations, but let's face it they would have the same strengths and weaknesses so would all be pretty much the same. Maybe "Outlaws" would be a better civ name. I don't know. I just don't see why we would need all three, and even if we just had one why you couldn't use the same art to play the other two.

It would be like in the Gungan campaign where you had different tribes of Gungans fighting each other. The look the same and have the same strengths and weaknesses, but are not the same faction.

Vostok- Oops, I didn't mean to say that I wanted Black Sun. But I am all for Hutt Cartel and Smugglers Union.

And let's face it, they're as different as peas and pie. The way I see it, the Hutt Cartel would be mostly good at ground units, especially light mechs (such as skiffs and the like). The Smugglers Union would be rather air-strong, focussing on medium ships (freighters that they smugglers actually fly!).

They are completely different from each other and all the other civs, and should both be included. And neither of them are "Outlaws."

Sith- Whoa whoa whoa! Where did this "Secret civs in campaigns" idea come from? I thought secret civs would just be for single-player standard games, and maybe for some fun (and funny) multiplayer like Kryllith suggested.

Which Hutts were you talking about for a campaign? I was planning to have a Hutt Cartel campaign, but definitely not a True Hutt (the fun, secret Hutts) campaign.

Archived