Home

Rise of Nations and SWGB2

Darth Windu

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1/2/3/4) -

5) I still prefer unique resources. IMO u don't have to remember what each one does I mean u see some fish in the sea, naturally they do something if u put ur mouse over them u'll find out.

6) I like RoN's"wealth" resource. Makes more sense *sneers at CorranSec*

7) That's were my problem started there ISN'T a Star Wars game that lets me build a civilisation except for the Civ3 SW mod, which I can't get becuase I don't have Civ3.

Rebellion/Supremacy is no longer in stores

1/2/3/4: Woop woop woop woop woop.

5. Why not just fish for the fish, and get food from them? Why not have unique kinds of credits?

6. It doesn't make sense. "Oh, I'll sell you these roots for...... 25 credits." "Uh, sir, we don't have credits. But I can give you 25 wealth!"

*sneers at crazy dog*

7. You poor diddums.

1/2/3/4) -

5/6) Oh I get it now. I also want different sources of credits, but the difference here is that in RM maps there can be all sorts of crazy stuff like it's a Naboo map but there is Spice.

And unique resources have different effects too, unlike what u mean.

And replace "wealth" with credits, duh!

7) Exactly

1/2/3/4) Wop.

5/6) I don't want this 'crazy stuff.' I'd just like the different sources of credits, so every map has a unique 'credits' resource.

I know that your RoNish version of unique resources have absurd and neither gameplay or realism enhancing effects, but we don't want them. Sorry. :p

Well, you said you preferred RoN's wealth resource. And you sneered at me.

7) Foop.

1/2/3/4) Looking? Found someone you have I would say! Mrhmhemrhmmeermm!

5/6) Crazy Dog, I don't think it matters on RM maps since you have the Rebellion fighting the Republic anyway. I should also point out the example you provided isn't so "crazy" as in AOTC we find out there are spice mines on the moons of Naboo.

7) Rebellion never let you develop a civ from it's infancy. You started with exactly the same technology you finished with, all you do is amount money with which to buy your fleet. The technology in Star Wars has been the same for thousands of years. Developing a civ just doesn't fit.

Corran, Vostok, Sith: Alright this may be late but your french is not that good. It will never be better then mine:D .

6-Looking too much can be quite annoying(not saying that ressources should be handed to you without searching). I never go after Kaadus unless they're really close to my base.

7-If you want to start building a civ from scratch, go play simcity/starwars.

Luke's Dad - well that's because you're Canadian (aren't you?). What part of Canada are you from? Because I went to Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal about a year and a half ago and I was interested to find that not many people speak both French and English, even though both are your native languages.

What do you mean by simcity/starwars?

MONTREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And since I'm vietnamese so I learned french before I learned english but I'm fluant in english, french and vietnamese of course. I also know a little bit of spanish.

SimCity/Star Wars- Since it's building your civ from scratch...And it seems like something you can build all the kind of buildings you want. But doesn't Civ3 fit that better?

Crazy_dog:

5/6. We don't want players being forced to expand and search for amazingly unrealistic and stupid resources that will probably end up either being useless or providing an overpowering advantage to the player.

7. Yes, you are. Poor you.

Luke's dad: I know, I'm not that good at French. I learnt some French during my year in Canada (2000), and continued it for about a quarter of 2001 at home, but that's a while ago now. Hooray for translation dictionaries.

Go Montreal. Never been there, but apparently it's nice. Oh, and the hockey team rocks too. :)

A Star Wars themed SimCity.... that could be interesting. What about The Sims in SW? :D

I wouldn't go that far as to SimCity.

6) They're not forced to expand. They can always stay in 1 little base all by themselves. :D

U don't need to expand JUST for resources, there are lots of other reasons too.

CorranSec, everyone here knows the building of whole new bases is vital to a group's survival.

7) *weeps*

Luke's Dad: I know Russian, if anyone is interested. ;)

CorranSec: I like that Sims idea. :)

Crazy_dog:

6. Okay, seeing as the unique resources are unnecessary, let's get rid of them. :)

7. Yup, yup, yup.....

You know Russian? That's great. Why don't you go to Russia and bury your head in a snowdrift, so we'll never have to here you weeping at the lack of monuments again. :)

I thought you'd like it.....

6) This one remains unsolved. But since I can't be bothered to argue any more... -

7) Waaahhh!

Actually u can't bury ur head in snow were I come from in Russia. It's -40 degrees and the snow is very solid. ;)

I can't play Galaxies becuase it will require me to pay a monthly bill which I can't afford.:(

back to realism of war, you dont do more damage simply because you flank an enemy, you do usually win the battle because you split up his force... but it also required you to split yours, therefore just let the units fight

RoN is a horrible idea for an engine because of 1 reason and 1 reason only, Large scale RTS games whre you go through many ages are pathetically stupid for 1 reason because you lose military strat when it takes u 3 years to get to the last age

It is also not starwars because all we know of starwars is in the semi "advanced" starwars times, and there was allways an incredibley advanced early race, this dosent work

I support LA making its own engine thats the only way SW will be done justice, but GB was 1 hell of a game and for those of you who played it you know what im talking about

Well, I tried to read this thread from the begginnig but I got lost when yall started speaking in other languages. . . I only know a limited amount of Spanish. So basically, no hablo espanol (i doubt I got that right)

Ok, a game engine based on RoN for GB? After looking at RoN's website, i have to say that I like the way the engine is now, but it could be better. My main concern is graphics. I want 3D graphics or something like AoM's graphics.

Crazy_dog: Wait a sec. You live in Russia?

I didn't know that.

But anyway.... go to Canada. Plenty of nice, soft snowdrifts there..... and Luke's dad can go and help you bury your head. :)

But if we use RoN, the Wookiees will have to start using fire. You want current GB tech levels? Then RoN is incompatible. Wow, you don't want your own engine. :p

Well I finally got a copy of AoM, and let me tell you that definitely will NOT work for a Star Wars RTS. You'd have to mod it way more than they modded (is that a word?) AoK. Sure, there are some great ideas in it, but as a whole the engine is inappropriate.

The same goes for RoN. No matter how you look at some things, leaving them in poses a problem but taking them out also poses a problem. For example in AoM, leaving in God Powers makes no sense whatsoever, but take them out and people will say "I'd rather play AoM because it has God Powers."

The only real option is an original engine.

Archived