Home

CS 1.6 Beta

Jabba The Hunt

I'll post how to get it at the bottom of this but first I would like to warn you about it. The new steam content download/(V)GUI for CS is terrible when on ocasion it works its changed all the buttons and now the only way to get into CS is to log onto their servers (instead of WON) and they are terribly unreliable. Ok it is a beta but if they dont get the bugs sorted they are going to have some serious problems on their hands. (Twice the features half the time :))

and now how to get CS 1.6

Simply Search for a download of Steam 2. Instructions for working with this really buggy program follow.

Ok first thing it will do is try and download the updates to steam, keep trying if it doesnt work eventually it will (if you cant be arsed go to the forums on http://www.steampowered.com theres a thread under "help" that contains all the updates) Anyway now for downloading CS click on the games button then click CS all straight forward, a downloads box comes up ignore the corrupted picture at the bottom. Onces the 40min download has finnished the game should run

OK remember this is probably your only opportunity to play CS 1.6 (after the first go most systems wont let you back in, you just get a "Game Unavaible Message") Make sure you set all the options in 1.6 and you resolution to your preferance and check the controls section.

Hopefully if you do this you should have the fun game I didn't :D

Alot of servers are still using 1.5 as it is just a beta release. Make sure your server you play at is using it before you load it.

our server is still at 1.5. The 1.6 is to help introduce the game Condition Zero and will more then likely have a new download when it is released.

Archived